dropship info

Pages: 1
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
09/16/11 04:21 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I am trying to come up with some variants of some drop ships but I don't have data on how much weight I have to work with.

Mostly I need to know how much each dropship has weight for its weapons. I can add up what the weapons weights but I dont have the data on ammo loads.

Also I need to know what amount of heat sinks are built in and how much is extra that I can strip away.

I believe that dropships can use double heat sinks.

I only need data on the more common dropships. This is for my world and though I claim to have access to more advanced equipment than any bandit king do to connections with the Federated Suns I can only modify what I can get my hands on I can not build my own dropships.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
CrayModerator
09/16/11 08:23 PM

Yes, DropShips can use double heat sinks.

You need to be a little more specific about which models you're interested in. There are dozens of common models.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
09/17/11 09:28 AM

Leopard/Leopard CV if there is a difference
Union
Mule

Anything else would be a little hard to come by for a bandit king even one with connections within the Enter Sphere.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
CrayModerator
09/18/11 02:32 PM

Quote:

Leopard/Leopard CV if there is a difference
Union
Mule

Anything else would be a little hard to come by for a bandit king even one with connections within the Enter Sphere.

The Leopard is 1900 tons. It has 82 tons of weapons and ammo, 900 tons of bays (4 mech, 2 fighter), and 34 tons of cargo. The Leopard CV is functionally identical, but has only 6 fighter bays instead of 4 'Mech and 2 fighter.

The Union is 3500 tons. It has 170 tons of weapons and ammo, 2100 tons of bays (12 mech, 2 fighter), and 74 tons of cargo.

The Mule is 11,200 tons. It has 42 tons of weapons and ammo, and 8144 tons of cargo.

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.

Edited by Cray (09/18/11 02:33 PM)
09/19/11 10:04 AM

THANKS A LOT!!!

That's just the info I was looking for.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
KitK
09/20/11 01:05 AM

also check this link. I just recently found it. It'll give the TRO for the Union and a whole lot more!

http://www.mechground.com/

KK
09/20/11 07:42 AM

What are the stats on Ferro-Aluminum and Improved Ferro-Aluminum armor?

At a close inspection can an observer tell what kind of armor a dropship has? On my mule dropships I would rather not have others know that the ships have been upgraded with advanced equipment.

If your foe underestimates your capacity to defend yourself you will have a greater chance to win an engagement.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
09/20/11 08:21 PM

I was working on my dropships and I think I recall something about weapon batteries and limits for them.

are there limits on what you can place on a side?

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
CrayModerator
09/21/11 05:03 PM

Quote:

are there limits on what you can place on a side?

There are no "limits," but you do have to start adding a) 1 gunner for every 6 standard weapons (round up), and b) fire control tonnage equal to 10% of the weapons' tonnage in an arc for every 12 weapons (round up) in an arc above the first 12.

For example, if a DropShip had 40 weapons in its nose arc, it would need 30% of the weapons' tonnage as fire control systems because it has (28 / 12, round up) = 3 more dozens than the first dozen. It would also need 7 gunners for the nose arc, at 5, 7, or 10 tons each (depending on the quality of quarters you want to give them.)

As for IDing armor, it would either say in the TRO or, if you mean in-character, it would probably require a close analysis. There are some handheld x-ray spectrometers available today that would probably spot the diamond-fiber reinforcement of the metallic outer shell of ferro-aluminum armor.

09/22/11 06:18 AM

the gunners that are needed is that every 6 weapons in each firing location or 6 weapons no mater where they are? I am trying to figure out how many gunners are on the dropships to start with so I will know how many I will need to add.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
CrayModerator
09/24/11 10:50 AM

Quote:

the gunners that are needed is that every 6 weapons in each firing location or 6 weapons no mater where they are? I am trying to figure out how many gunners are on the dropships to start with so I will know how many I will need to add.

It is per 6 weapons total. So if you have 5 nose weapons, 4 side weapons, and 2 stern weapons (11 total), you need 2 gunners.

Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 15 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 7066

Contact Admins Sarna.net