STU-K5 Stuka is over weight

Pages: 1
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
12/05/11 11:16 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I was thinking of how my Stuka compared with the original Stucka and saw that there was a problem. Either mine was way under weight or the original was way over weight. I just ran the numbers and the K5 is over weight by 12 tons. If the other variants are also over weight I don't know.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
CrayModerator
12/06/11 08:36 AM

If you're looking at the TR:3025 version, it is 2 tons overweight:

19 tons 300-rated engine
5 tons fuel
3 tons cockpit
15 tons armor
20 tons heat sinks
20 tons 4x large lasers
3 tons 3x medium lasers
13 tons LRM 20 and ammo
4 tons SRM 4 and ammo
Total: 102 tons.

In the original printing of TR:3025, there's an alignment error in the Structural Integrity line that shoves the SI of 10 into the tonnage column. If you look at other fighters, you'll note that the SI value should line up with the Thrust and Overthrust values rather than the tonnage column. (And the Stuka's Overthrust should be 8, not 7.)

The corrected version of the STU-K5 (shown in Record Sheets, TR:3025-Revised, and TR:3039) lowers the tonnage to 100 by deleting a ton each of SRM and LRM ammo.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
12/06/11 09:21 AM

Oops, I counted the HS weight as 30 not 20. *Blushes*

Yes, I was reading the TR:3025 with its numbers.

I would have downgraded the SRM-4 to a ML and swopped the ton of SRM ammo for a ton of LRM ammo. That way it would retain a good amount of LRM-20 ammo. The K5 would better serve as a fire support fighter with its longer ranged weapons.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 25 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4420

Contact Admins Sarna.net