OMG I now hate vehicles!!

Pages: 1
Korbel
11/10/01 10:54 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
OMG I now hate vehicles!!
Playing with a Schrek Heavy vehicle... has over 20 point of armor in each location... with 3 PPC's in turrent

against a Kintaro with its LRM5 and alot of support weapons.. misc Med lasers and SRM's

He was keeping at range 19 so I couldn't hit him... backing up... oh yeah his G-skill was 3, mine was neg1 so our BV's matched (played on Neveron) after 4 misses with his LRM5 and I finally had him cornered close to the map edge he gets his first hit.... 1 missile hits... Left side... Track hit.. My vehicle is immobolized... He procceds to fire is entire LRM ammo at me staying at range 19... I was so bored I was destroying the buildings around me... then... last shot from LRM... 2 lrms to the Turrent... Turrent locked... facing 1 hex to far to fire back as he closed for the kill... unleashing all SRM's and Med Lasers... My 2/2 & 1/-1 crew is killed... grr... $16Mill H-Bills down the tube...

Michael Loveless
Nuclear Electrician
Greyslayer
11/10/01 06:01 PM

Yep that is why you look to multiple units like J Edgars or even one of my favourites the Hover APC ;) Twin MGs in a turrent for 45 bv I think ;).

Greyslayer

CrayModerator
11/10/01 10:23 PM

You get the equal BVs with vehicles against mechs by using multiple vehicles. That gets around that sort of problem.

And J. Edgars and Myrmidons are good choices. Both are well armored and decently maneuverable for their cost and BV.

Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Diablo
12/01/01 03:36 PM

Vehicles are ment for support/transport/expandable scout anyway. I hardly ever use vehicles in my games because they lack the mobility and armour that mech possess. then again you can strap a hell of alot of weapons onto a 200 ton tank.
"whats that bluish fuzzy thing on your head?"
-Luciphear to Talis, just before he exploded.

www.geocitis.com/luciph34r
LordChaos
12/02/01 12:19 AM

"I hardly ever use vehicles in my games because they lack the mobility and armour that mech possess."

Actualy, you can create a vehicle that has superior or equal mobility AND armor (per location) AND firepower then a mech for an equal tonnage. Some can even be superior in all 3 areas.

I know, I've done it.

If it wasn't for FASA heavly slanting the rules in favor of mechs, vehicles would be the king of the battlefield. And even with the rules slanted in mech's favor, vehicles are a serrious threat when properly used.
Real mechwariors pilot IS mechs.
Nightmare
12/02/01 05:52 AM

Properly used ie together with something else. Like mechs.
I`m still amazed at the damage I can cause with tanks as
long as I field a mech lance or two to draw fire from the
enemy. One company of tanks (4 Strikers, 4 Hetzers and
4 Po Heavy Tanks) accompanied by a medium lance of mechs managed to hold their own against 5! mech lances
supported by four Transgressor ASFs. I wiped out his assault lance in two rounds while they were tripping over each other trying to get at my mechs. Then he realized the
vehicles were dangerous :)
Advice for Evil Overlords:
My legions of terror will be trained in basic marksmanship. Any who cannot learn to hit a man-sized target at 10 meters will be used for target practice.
Diablo
12/29/01 11:34 AM

How can a vehicle out menuver a mech with the movment restrictions? turn modes and stand to cruise to flank restriction?
"whats that bluish fuzzy thing on your head?"
-Luciphear to Talis, just before he exploded.

www.geocitis.com/luciph34r
Korbel
12/29/01 12:01 PM

Quite easily... and once at speed STAY AT SPEED...
Bob_Richter
12/29/01 03:41 PM

Do the words "Level 3 -- Optional Rules" mean anything to you?

The terrain restrictions don't suck so much when you have so much extra MP. And a Hover can go places 'Mechs can't.
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
Korbel
01/05/02 08:51 AM

I agree with you except...
I was complaining of losing my $16 Mill schrek plus $10 Mill training, to a mech that I should have been able to slaughter in 1-3 fire phases.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 61 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5721

Contact Admins Sarna.net