Does anyone have Solaris VII documentation?

Pages: 1
CharlesShoults
06/11/07 12:31 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I'm working on a computer adaptation of Battletech and am interested to know if Solaris VII would be of any use to me. I have have Field Manuals for most of the Houses plus Periphery, Shattered Sphere, Maximum Tech, and a number of others (although none of the Clan Sourcebooks), so I've got a number of weapons, 'Mechs and vehicles that don't show up in the Technical Readouts (2750-3060). I wonder if Solaris VII has any additional weapons or equipment that might be of use.

My project: http://charlesshoults.dyndns.org

SCUM
06/11/07 01:13 PM

I'm trying to get ahold of the Solaris VII box set, dunno how successful I'll be. Nice splash screen, I think it would look better without the nasty lil red paint splotch in the corner though
Jer 33:3
9th Kyu AOSRKKF
Promo Code:scumsentme
CharlesShoults
06/11/07 02:19 PM

Yeah. Since that red logo at the bottom is used by www.classicbattletech.com, I probably shouldn't use it.
Tripod
06/12/07 12:00 AM

there is a complete different play-style that comes with the solaris box set. basicly dividing the 10 second CBT rounds into 4 2.5 second rounds. mech movement says the same in hexes, ranges of weapons are X4, heat is X4 dammage is the same. 10 single heat sings still reduces you by 10 points per round, meaning they cool 40 points in 10 seconds, equaling out the 4X weapon heat. weapons have recharge times, larger weapons, longer times. as i remember it, a ppc need to wait 3 rounds without being fired to fire again = once per CBT turn. a MG can fire every turn, small laser every other, med laser every 3rd....ect... there are 3 weapon firing circuts. you can choose to fire 1 circut a turn, or a single weapon just as easily. there are simple and complex actions. that probly means something to someone that has played MWRPG but was a bit beyond us. reconfiguring a weapon circut was a simple action as was movement. you could make 2 simple, or one complex action in a turn... it all gets overly complex to keep track of with pencil/paper/recharge counters. i would love to see a PC based version of this style of BT.

the solaris VII map pack in print now comes with all the maps in the box set, as well as the maps from the solaris, the reaches map pack and a small rule book explaining in standard CBT rules how the maps and new weapons function. most if not all of the new wepaons featured in this new map pack do not appear in any other book i have found including the original solaris box set.
TBA
Askhati
06/18/07 03:47 PM

That is one SEXY Warhammer... Man, it almost makes me drool...
Evolve or DIE!
Christopher_Perkins
05/17/08 03:10 AM

Neither Solaris VII Boxed Set nor Solaris: Te Reaches have any new weapons that I recall

Ability to Disengage PPC inhibitor (chance of back blast, but no minimum range)

Ability to Hotload LRMs (hit of launcher causes BOOM, but no minimum range if you fire before you get hit)

then there is the Coolant pod that functions somethign similar to full body immersion

but the best thing that S7 Box had is the Expanded Inniative rule

Each Character Rolls,

Winning Character Moves Last
Winning Character Fires First and Destroyed weapons or units are removed from play IMMEDIATELY without the chance of fireing, moving, or doing any other action bthan blowing up or doing a death rattle

no more people conveninetly forgetting to declare fire and doing a last Alpha Strike on the Mech that killed them
Christopher Robin Perkins

It is my opinion that all statements should be questioned, digested, disected, tasted, and then either spit out or adopted... RHIP is not a god given shield
Christopher_Perkins
05/17/08 03:12 AM

Map Pack Solaris VII is a suppliment for the BattleTech RPG 3rd Edition Suppliment "The Mechwarrior' sGuide to Solaris VII" that updates some of the Stables, and adds many rules and weapons for both BattleTech And BattleTech RPG 3rd Edition, including Customization Points.

It is my opinion that all statements should be questioned, digested, disected, tasted, and then either spit out or adopted... RHIP is not a god given shield
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
07/09/08 04:28 AM

Quote:

Neither Solaris VII Boxed Set nor Solaris: Te Reaches have any new weapons that I recall

Ability to Disengage PPC inhibitor (chance of back blast, but no minimum range)

Ability to Hotload LRMs (hit of launcher causes BOOM, but no minimum range if you fire before you get hit)

then there is the Coolant pod that functions somethign similar to full body immersion

but the best thing that S7 Box had is the Expanded Inniative rule

Each Character Rolls,

Winning Character Moves Last
Winning Character Fires First and Destroyed weapons or units are removed from play IMMEDIATELY without the chance of fireing, moving, or doing any other action bthan blowing up or doing a death rattle

no more people conveninetly forgetting to declare fire and doing a last Alpha Strike on the Mech that killed them

I must have that rule book because I remember the rules you just mentioned.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Fang
07/09/08 11:07 AM

SolarisVII boxed set introduces coolant injectors, but a much more primative version than any shown in Max Tech or the tactical handbook. also was the first to formally introduce claws and mauls/clubs as mech weapons. Both are in detail in the tactical handbook as well. Only place I saw any new tech, some of which is NOT in Solaris VII boxed set or Solaris:The Reaches( I kinda liked that supplement. the CopperHead light mech showed promise) was the Unbound mechwarrior adventure. new tech there was partly incorporated into the rest of the game, such as Thunderbolt launchers. Also introduced a 'silver bullet' guass load out. SIlver Bullet acts as a cluster round for a Gauss Rifle. Also introduced PPC inhibitor fields(Blue Shield) that reduced damage recieved from particle weapons. Then there is the Buzz Saw melee weapon. For the most part though, most of what was in the boxed set and The Reaches can be found elswhere tech wise, except for perhaps the actual mech designs. Boxed set had several particularly murderous short ranged beasts. The Reaches has three new mech designs, and the boxed set had close to a dozen iirc. I still have both player handbook and gamemaster handbook for the original SolarisVII boxed set, as well as mapsheets for the arenas. Sadly, the mech TRO booklet has long since gone into hiding and I have not seen it in years. MegaMek used to have the SolarisVII specific mechs in their mech list. not sure if it still does.
One by one, the rabbits are stealing my sanity.....

Edited by Fang (07/09/08 11:10 AM)
Christopher_Perkins
07/12/08 11:24 PM

Yeah...

Unbound and Solaris VII were supplements for BattleTech RPG 2nd Edition (MechWarrior 2nd Edition)
Unbound predating Solaris VII and thus not having anything that referenced that system.

Solaris: The Reaches was a supplement for Solaris VII.

Tactical Handbook was a BattleTech Supplement that included rules for use in Solaris VII system.

No product since Tactical Handbook has referenced the Solaris VII Dueling rules...

However, Mechwarriors Guide to Solaris VII is a BattleTech RPG 3rd Edition supplement that introduces new variant of the Dueling Rules that use the 5 Second Scale and is not intended for actual Map Based Use.

Map Pack Solaris VII included updates to the RPG Portions of MWG: S7 that reprinted the Maps from S7: BS * and lacked rules for use of the new Equipment published {(A) since BS: S7, (B) since MWG: S7 (C) in MP: S7 } in either variant of the Dueling Rules, and thus did not have rules for using the equipment at a more granular scale that translates better into FPS... however, the information in MP: S7 is adequate for something like MegaMek that uses 10 Second Turns like the Standard BattleTech Game.

* Better to have, (like the original Boxed Set did) left what scale the maps were used at up to the players while stating that the maps were scaled at the 7.5 m scale....

Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 31 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 9033

Contact Admins Sarna.net