LAMS- Laser anti-missle systems

Pages: 1
LAMdriver
08/01/09 04:35 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

I am playing in a FedCom civil war era campaign. Just recently, my Merc company (I have the command of the recon lance and the lance leader is a Phoenix Hawk PHX-3M that got shot all to Hell and back) raided a Clan Jade Falcon Supply depo. After getting all the supplies off world and back to our base, we took inventory of our loot.

We found out that we had enough Clan building materials (Endo Steel, FF,weapons, ect.) to build 4 mechs. Each lance could rebuild their most shot up Mech (yeah the -3M was mine) using Clan Tech. There was a Laser Anti-Missle System that I wanted to inslall in it to replace the regular one and I had some questions.

1. Where would it be placed to be most effective? CT, RT, LT?

2. I would like the Mech that I am building to be a legal Design. The LAMS is level 3, but I remember a post saying there was no level 3 anymore. Is this true?
" The object of war is not to die for your country. It's to make some other bastard die for his!"--Patton

""War is Hell. Combat is a motherfucker."---General Tommy Franks
Venom
08/01/09 05:15 AM

1. An arm arc since it can fire into both the front arc and the corresponding side arc(unless things have changed since BMR:R).

2. It must be "experimental" tech since it is not listed in TechManual. That must be CGLs way of telling me I need to buy more books. If only my wife listened to CGL
LAMdriver
08/01/09 05:24 AM

Arm huh? Nice idea.

The wiki says the LAMS was in the 1999 edtion of Advanced Tech.

I wish my wife would listen too!
" The object of war is not to die for your country. It's to make some other bastard die for his!"--Patton

""War is Hell. Combat is a motherfucker."---General Tommy Franks
Christopher_Perkins
08/01/09 09:56 AM

not Advanced Tech, Maximum Tech
Christopher Robin Perkins

It is my opinion that all statements should be questioned, digested, disected, tasted, and then either spit out or adopted... RHIP is not a god given shield
Venom
08/02/09 02:25 AM

MaxTech is obsolete, apparently along with lvl 1, 2 and 3.
Prince_of_Darkness
08/03/09 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venom:
MaxTech is obsolete, apparently along with lvl 1, 2 and 3.

Yes, you are correct. There is now Introductory, Tournament legal, Advanced, Expremental, and Era-Specific. Tech levels have been done away with to allow for some Expremental tech that came before (or during) the succession wars, that either never became widespread or never was produced anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAMdriver:
I am playing in a FedCom civil war era campaign. Just recently, my Merc company (I have the command of the recon lance and the lance leader is a Phoenix Hawk PHX-3M that got shot all to Hell and back) raided a Clan Jade Falcon Supply depo. After getting all the supplies off world and back to our base, we took inventory of our loot.

We found out that we had enough Clan building materials (Endo Steel, FF,weapons, ect.) to build 4 mechs. Each lance could rebuild their most shot up Mech (yeah the -3M was mine) using Clan Tech. There was a Laser Anti-Missle System that I wanted to inslall in it to replace the regular one and I had some questions.

1. Where would it be placed to be most effective? CT, RT, LT?

Matters. It is basically a cross between where the AMS is most effective (i. e. has the best coverage of the mounted unit) and how much you want to protect it. Since the clan system is one ton and takes up one slot, go for the head.

Quote:

2. I would like the Mech that I am building to be a legal Design. The LAMS is level 3, but I remember a post saying there was no level 3 anymore. Is this true?

See above. It's now experimental equipment, so don't think you'll be having it for too long, I'm afraid- battle damage or no
Tripod
08/17/09 12:47 AM

Head, turret mounted .... : )

my 2 C-Bills worth...
TBA
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 106 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6683

Contact Admins Sarna.net