New tech and where to find it.

Pages: 1
Venom
09/17/09 04:51 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
What books do the following items show up in? My b-day is coming up and the wife wants ideas.

-Chameleon LPS
-Void Sig
-VDNI(buffered and normal)
-Partial Wing
-iHGR
-Ferro Lamellor armor
-Chemical lasers
-Improved Heavy lasers
Karagin
09/17/09 06:47 AM

Try the new core rules books:

Total Warfare
Tactical Ops
Stratgetic Ops
Maximum Tech

Short list, I am sure others will add in a few more, you can also find a lot of the stuff in the FMs and Handbooks as well as all the Jihad books seem to offer some of the new tech stuff as well.

Best things to do is to check out the Classic BT website or CGL website and see what is out there, lots of stuff, though most seems focused on the Jihad right now, we can hope to see some of the other book types show up as well.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
CrayModerator
09/17/09 08:51 AM

Quote:

What books do the following items show up in? My b-day is coming up and the wife wants ideas.

• Chameleon LPS: Tactical Operations
  • Void Sig: Tactical Operations
  • VDNI(buffered and normal): Jihad Hotspots: 3072 (both)
  • Partial Wing: Tech Manual (Battle Armor), Tactical Operations (BattleMech/ProtoMech)
  • iHGR: Tactical Operations
  • Ferro Lamellor armor: Tactical Operations
  • Chemical lasers: Tactical Operations
  • Improved Heavy lasers: Tactical Operations
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Venom
09/17/09 03:07 PM

I guess I want TacOps then. Thanks!

Do I have to by TW just to play with the new weapons?
CrayModerator
09/17/09 08:22 PM

Quote:

I guess I want TacOps then. Thanks!

Do I have to by TW just to play with the new weapons?

If you the BMR or Compendium, you should be fine. There's not a lot of difference in the rules, and TacOps explains all the gear (stats, effects) it has.

In fact, if you the BMR, I'd recommend getting Tech Manual before Total Warfare. Tech Manual includes some new items of equipment, too, plus a central compilation of construction rules for most common battlefield units.

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Venom
09/18/09 02:25 AM

I have TM and would like to get TW but the funds aren't thereright now; perhaps for Christmas... It is kind of annoying having construction rules for a weapon but having no idea what it does.
CrayModerator
09/18/09 08:35 AM

Quote:

I have TM and would like to get TW but the funds aren't thereright now; perhaps for Christmas... It is kind of annoying having construction rules for a weapon but having no idea what it does.

The plan for the core rulebooks was to specialize them: Total Warfare the basic gameplay rules, Tech Manual the big book o' construction, Tactical Operations the advanced gear and optional rules, etc. The plan didn't completely survive contact with reality starting with TO, but TM and TW were written as planned. That specialization of TM and TW is the source of your annoyance.

And if you don't have Total Warfare but do have TM...

TacOps would give you a lot of fun, advanced goodies like MaxTech did (and TO will have gameplay and construction rules for its new items). However, if you've never been a big user of "L3" items then you might find Total Warfare more useful. And TO will also make a lot of references to TW.

Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 27 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6838

Contact Admins Sarna.net