List your funniest ammo pop stories!

Pages: 1
Protege
07/25/10 12:14 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Tonight my friends and I were playing CBT on tabletop. We use the 3-D hexes from HeroScape for a better map, and we began. The story was we were Davion vs Steiner immediately after the split, and that we had been cut off by the Clans. Davion hired mercs, Steiner hired pirates, and away we go. My team (Davion) raced a lance of light/medium mechs into the Steiner City ASAP for a scout run. Our Units:
1 PHX 1K
1 FFL 4A
1 PNT
1 Hollander

We immediately discovered:
1 100 ton custom (pirate)
1 Stone Rhino
1 LongBow
1 Catapult
3 Mars XL Tanks (100 tons)

Now, as you can see, we are about to die. I tell my fellow teammate "We shoot ONE round, all at a tank, and then we leave!" Movement and firing begins, and this is where all hell breaks loose.

Our opponent has spaced the mechs 2 hexes apart in a staggered line with the order being shown left to right as above from top to bottom. The three Mars tanks were on the ground 1 elevation down and 1 in front of the mechs. We killed a single tank and waited for the pain.

Both remaining tanks ammo boomed right away.
The Custom ammo popped on the first shot (his AC jammed)
The Stone Rhino headcapped the Firefly, legged the Hollander, and crippled the Panther.
The Longbow ammo popped HIS first LRM 15 shot . . .
. . . and so did the Catapult.

When the Stackpole-driven dust settled, The PHX1K had a head hit from debris, the Panther was down but not out, and we had control of the main city.

We did NOT keep it (2 lances of tanks and mechs were inbound), but we got some sweet salvage.

So . . . .

I wanted to hear anyone else's stories of amazingly funny ammo-pops. Fill it up so we can all have a good laugh.

I've stopped being nice? When the hell did I ever START being nice?
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 45 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4457

Contact Admins Sarna.net