Invasion Corridor Campaign

Pages: 1
wolf_lord_30
09/16/18 09:43 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Given you cannot choose where or who you are born to, I decided to change my character creation a bit by randomly determining which invading Clan my character and force would belong to. This will help narrow down my TO&E as well as choose appropriate Blood Names and not be bogged down with too many future implication factors (Nova Cats being abjured, Steel Vipers getting purged, GB moving to IS, etc.).

For this campaign, I will go semi historic. Choose the world, fight against the designated enemy, but TO&Es will be made up from what I feel like to keep it interesting for me and my group. Plus I want to not just be recreating the invasion, but having an active role and possibly changing certain outcomes.

1-4 Smoke Jaguar
5-8 Wolf
9-12 Jade Falcon
13-16 Ghost Bear
17 Nova Cat
18 Steel Viper
19-20 Diamond Shark

Seriously, I rolled a 1? Smoke Jags have to be one of my least favorite original Clans. Oh well. Like I said, you can't change where or who you were born to. Personally I was hoping for Wolf, Ghost Bear or Diamond Shark. This should be interesting and definitely out of my comfort zone. Although Clans by themselves are kind of out of my comfort zone...I don't like to fight "fair", I like to fight to win. With tactics like back shots, kicking, and concentrated fire. Although, there is something to be said for being the only one to get the kill and the bragging rights that go with that.

Also, I've been playing the Sega Genesis version of Battletech for fun after reading about it on the news page. Now I have a few new ideas and maps that I want to throw into the game.
ghostrider
09/16/18 12:20 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
A twist on that could be your family was taken from another clan and you now fight to prove you are a warrior, not matter which clan you are in.

Even being an IS warrior taken as Isorla could work.
But that does change the childhood, so it does pervert the basic reason for this.

Actually, that does solve a few issues, where different players want to be from this or that unit/group/nation. If they all know to start with, even their favorite mechs would change.

Now here is the evil kicker.
Do you ever have them face their own characters from the other side?
Such as playing he Jaguars this time, facing off against their unit from the Wolves?
Who do you want to win that one?
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 30 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3462

Contact Admins Sarna.net