Lance Composition Suggestions

Pages: 1
LordChaos
11/19/01 08:44 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I recently started putting together my Btech mini collection again (after selling them all off years ago). Just picked up enough to roughly double my numbers this weekend (store was having a clearence sale... bought all I had cash for. :) ). However, I want to assign them to lances/companies before I start painting them... and I don't know what would be good groupings... so I'm asking for suggestions.

Here's a list of what I don't have assigned :

Anihilator
Banshee
Centurion x 2
Clint x 2
Crusader x 2
Cyclops
Dragon x 3
Falcon
Grasshopper
GreatWyrm
Guilotine
Hussar
Javalin
Lancelot
Maurader
Nightstar x 3
Panther
Starslayer
Stinger x2
Tessen x2
Thug x 2
Victor x 2
Vixen
Wasp
Wolverine

For the currios, currently assigned are 4 Warhamers (lance A), 4 Zeus's (lance B), 4 Gallowglas's (lance C) and 2 Phoenix Hawks + 2 Shadow Hawks (lance D)

Sugestions?

Real mechwariors pilot IS mechs.
LordChaos
11/20/01 07:25 PM

Most of that makes sense (I think)... but

Crusader x 2
Lancelot
Hussar

and

Maurader
Starslayer
Clint x 2

I'm not sure of... why the hussar in the first (seems a waiste of it's speed)... and the Maurader seems a bit heavy to go with the clints...

however, i could be wrong... just currious on those two groupings.

Nightward
11/25/01 10:25 PM

I have not read the other responses to your post. If this is identical to what they told you, then I look stupid. Otherwise, here we go…

I’m getting the feeling this is a very Com Guard force, so I will arrange it in Com Star formation. Mechs are arranged by weight class.

Level II-Alpha: Rebels without a Clue

Cyclops
Thug (The C3i variant)
Guillotine (Preferably in the C3i Variant)
Grasshopper
Lancelot (Don’t bother with anything other than the C3i Variant)
Tessen

Reasons: The idea was to match up the (general) 4/6(4) movement profile of 'Mechs in the the Level II. Given the ubiquituity of C3i Computers, the large amounts of Grasshoppers, and the Cyclops’ position as a command 'Mech, I would not protest if you upgraded them to use C3i Computers. The Lancelot and Tessen will work together quite well, as they both go 6/9 and carry ER PPCs.

Level II-Beta: Dead of Knight

Annihilator
Nightstar
Nightstar
Nightstar
Banshee
Thug

Reasons: A Support Level-II. Packed out with big, beefy, long-range Assault 'Mechs with a bodyguard Thug should the battle get a little too close for comfort.

Level II-Gamma: Fire from on High

Zeus
Zeus
Zeus
Zeus
Crusader
Crusader

Reasons: Missile support formation. The unit has exactly the same movement profiles. Combine with iNarc Beacons fired by the Tessens in other Level-IIs for best effect.

Level II-Delta: Wrath of Thor

Banshee
Marauder
Grand Dragon
Grand Dragon
Grand Dragon
Panther

Reasons: PPC support formation. You said you had bought Dragons, but the Grand Dragon uses the same miniature, so you may as well use the Grand Dragon instead.

Level II-Epsilon: Swiftness of Wind

Wolverine (Preferably in the 7K Variant)
Tessen
Vixen
Hussar (Why would you bother with anything other than the C3i variant?)
Falcon
Wasp

Reasons: Scout formation. All the units are very fast, and about half can jump. Should do wonders screwing up your opponent’s carefully constructed plans.

Level II-Zeta: Wingnuts Inc.

Starslayer
Shadow Hawk
Shadow Hawk
Clint
Clint
Phoenix Hawk

Reasons: Similar movement profiles and weapons loadouts. Everything can jump. A heavier scout/skirmisher unit.

Level II- Eta: Loki’s Loose

Victor
Victor
Centurion
Centurion
Phoenix Hawk
Stinger

Reasons: All that was left was a bit of a hodge-podge. So I lumped all of the faster 'Mechs together. Everything in the unit either Jumps or packs an A/C. Or both. Working together, the unit should be able to whack out anything it faces.

Level II-Theta: The Un-Named

Gallowglas
Gallowglas
Great Wyrm
Javelin
Stinger
Wasp

Reasons: Again, all that was left was a mess. I lumped this lot together without much in the way of forethought.

Level II-Iota

War Hammer
War Hammer
War Hammer
War Hammer
Gallowglas
Gallowglas

Reasons: Everything weighs 70 tons, goes 4/6 and packs an ER PPC. Fairly simple.

Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
LordChaos
11/27/01 07:24 PM

Great Wyrm - because I thought it would paint up nice.

Incubus - Because it's appearence fits a 35ton IS Level 2 design of mine bettter then anything else I've seen. :)
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 66 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4820

Contact Admins Sarna.net