Semi-Guided LRMs...

Pages: 1
Karagin
03/25/02 09:18 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Has anyone had any luck with these?
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
CrayModerator
03/25/02 10:05 AM

Yes, but I think I used them incorrectly.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Greyslayer
03/25/02 05:11 PM

That is subjective to the fact that the pegasus have to hit first though. One player tried to use Semi-Guided on me once but my venoms decided to play with the maelstrom then the two other heavy mechs handily smashing them to bits losing only one lightly armoured mech . I would tend to use Swarm or Swarm I over this since I get more than one bite at the cherry (on multiple adjacent units) and any unit in my force can spot at a given time if indirect.

Just to show my preference of missiles for LRMs I have this flow chart of the most important to me to the least important:

1) Swarm I (that +2 really kicks it to save your troops)
2) Swarm
3) Thunder
4) Artemis
5) Semi-Guided
6) Smoke
7) Narc
8) Incendary
9) Fragmentation

I did not include the Marik/Cappellan ammos due to a) Lack of info regarding some of the less-used stuff and b) the pure 'cheesiness' of ones that I do know of. Its and issue of balance.

Greyslayer
Greyslayer
03/25/02 06:05 PM

Under those rules (as long as you cruise in a hovercraft otherwise you are in trouble in any form or turning flanking) a pegasus is a lethal unit. Also under level 3 a 'partial lock' with a TAG is a full lock rather than glancing blows with normal weapons. But under those rules were also created were the manual AMS system which did help those units the mounted them (particularly those with multiples).

Greyslayer
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 78 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2752

Contact Admins Sarna.net