Solaris VII Dueling Rules

Pages: 1
Cadet
02/07/03 06:43 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Remember the boxed set from a while back? Great set of dueling rules. Now given that the Clans are big time on one-on-one combat, does anyone ever use these dueling rules instead of the standard rules for Clan mano-a-mano fights?

That said, Solaris: The Reaches provided Clan stats for the Solaris system, and that brought all the weapons and equipment from TRO:2750 and TRO:3050 into play. But since then we've had a whole much of new stuff thanks to the FMs. Since neither FASA or WK/FP care enough about their fanbase to follow up with updated states, has anyone ever made a decent set of conversions? I had them at one point but have long since lost them.
Does not play well with others.
Nightmare
02/07/03 09:47 AM

IIRC it should be easy to convert any new guns to Solaris. But why bother? Just bolt on as many Clan MGs as you can and blaze away. Some things were less-than-perfect in the dueling rules, you know.
Advice for Evil Overlords:
My legions of terror will be trained in basic marksmanship. Any who cannot learn to hit a man-sized target at 10 meters will be used for target practice.
Cadet
02/11/03 06:00 PM

Yeah, I agree it was easy to cheat the system, but how many Clan or even IS book designs have machine guns?

O was just thinking that given how much the Clans love duels that it might be interesting to use the Solaris system for that.
Nightmare
02/13/03 11:04 AM

True, not that many MG boats in the standard mechs. They had a few Solaris machines with lots of MGs. The clanners have the Piranha.

Perhaps you should try the dueling rules with some of the standard mechs before you decide if it`s worth porting the new weapons?
Advice for Evil Overlords:
My legions of terror will be trained in basic marksmanship. Any who cannot learn to hit a man-sized target at 10 meters will be used for target practice.
Cadet
02/13/03 12:02 PM

Oh I played plenty with standard mechs, and even a few custom jobs (and the Pirahna would be just great in Solaris). I was just kind of hoping to see it come back. I always enjoyed the Solaris dueling rules.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 27 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3576

Contact Admins Sarna.net