The Drawing Board Question

Pages: 1
TheGameMaster
10/25/09 11:25 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Hey all,

Sorry for my ignorance, but I have a question for you all, and I can't seem to find an answer. My gang of MechWarrior 2nd Edition players all use The Drawing Board 1.0.23 for mech design, as Heavy Metal is too expensive and the newer designer (the name escapes me) won't do mixed mechs, and for an RPG set on Solaris IIV that won't cut it. However, there are five technology bases listed in TDB. Clan, InnerSphere, InnerSphere 'C', Mixed InnerSphere Chassis, and Mixed Clan Chassis. Clan and IS I get. Is IS 'C' from the back of Technical Readout 3050 where it talks about techs slapping captured clan weapon systems onto IS mechs? What is the difference between Mixed IS Chassis and IS 'C'? This is kind of important as our game is set pre-invasion. Our team has access to ComStar LostTech as they are undercover ROM agents that have infiltrated a Mafia ran stable as deep cover operatives. And they are fighting opponents that may have captured Clan tech (depending on how Twinked they get their PCs). So in design of their opponents in the arenas, etc. It's going to be somewhat of a twink-fest as we are using the rules from The Reches, Intellegance Ops, Companion, and so forth. I would like to know the low down on it so I can give them something that's a challenge for them...

Thanks!

Rod
Rodney E. Barnes M.Div.
President, Christian Gamers Guild
http://www.Christian-Gamers-Guild.org
KitK
10/29/09 01:10 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Looking at TDB it seems that InnerSphere 'C' doesn't allow Clan structural stuff (engines, endosteel, ferrofiberous) but everything else is fair game.

The other two it looks like everything is fair game for use and may only serve to differentiate base tech for a faction.

That's my take on it anyway.

KK
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 32 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4935

Contact Admins Sarna.net