RE: Double-Blind Rules Game Idea 'War Room Match'

Pages: 1
l0rDn0o8sKiLlZ
03/05/18 06:50 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
So, using Double Blind rules and anywhere from 6-8 players [+1 for GM = 7-9], I think this would make for a fun and interesting match.

Forces:

2 Teams

3-4 Players per Team

2-16 Lances

Minimum Player Requirements:

6 Players - 1 'Commander' and 2 'Lance Leaders' for each Team

1 Game Master

Minimum Material Requirements:

2 Mapsheets

2 Rooms for making reports to the 'Commander'

2 Rooms for the GM to show Lance Leaders the map.

Playing Pieces for all units involved.

Outline of Game:

One player on each side assumes the 'Command' role; while other players assume individual roles commanding their Lance[s]. Each player, with the possible exception of the 'Commander' must assume a 'Unit' within the Lance[s] he/she controls. If a player is killed, they are removed from the match.

At the Start and End of each round, before and after each turn, Lance Leaders [as they will be referred to from this point on] must report to the 'Commander' who will issue orders to them to carry out based on enemy movements as per the double-blind rules. However; the GM only reports to the Lance Leaders in question as it is their job to inform the 'Commander' of enemy troop movements. The 'Commander' will specify what tactics Lance Leaders use; i.e flanking or holding for back-up. Lance Leaders however are responsible for executing these orders, and may choose to disobey them; although the 'Commander' may also choose to relieve them of their station, either assuming their command or delegating it elsewhere. This does NOT remove the Lance Leader or their unit from play.

The 'Commander' may enter play only at the start and is the designated 'Command Unit' Destruction of the 'Command Unit' removes it and the 'Commander' from play; leaving the Lance Leaders to lead collaboratively. Alternately this could be the case from the start.

Additional rules for this game would be as follows:

Recon Cameras, Hi-Rez Cameras, etc. Provide the 'Commander' with direct access to LOS mapsheet data in accordance with the Double Blind Rules and any rules governing the unit mounting it [i.e. BattleMech, AeroSpace, Aircraft, VTOLs etc.], as long as the 'Command Unit' is in play. Mimetic Armor or any applicable concealment rules would apply to this mapsheet data in accordance with whatever their normal rules would provide for.

Beagle Active Probe, Bloodhound Active Probe, Remote Sensors, and Look-Down Radar provide the 'Commander' with direct access to Sensor mapsheet data in accordance with the Double-Blind Rules and any rules governing the unit mounting it [i.e. BattleMech, Aerospace, Aircraft, VTOLs etc.], as long as the 'Command Unit' is in play. Additionally, Guardian ECM Suite, Angel ECM Suite, Stealth Armor, Null Signature System and Void Signature System provide their standard benefits as outlined in whatever rules are used that would normally apply to them.

TAG and the Recon Camera's Spotter function are unchanged by this game format.

Since I do not understand the nature of the C3 or C3i System, I omitted them.

Comm. Equipment could be used to provide the 'Commander' with direct access to mapsheet information WITHOUT the 'Command Unit' in play, but I decided that these functions should be determined by any of the people who would be trying out this game format.
"Woad Raider, kill things today."
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 57 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2288

Contact Admins Sarna.net