10 2 LRM 12 32 (3) LRM-20 + Artemis 30
20 Point 1 5 Anti-Missile System 240
Heat Per Arc: 620
Total Heat
Anti-Ship: 15,574
Anti-Fighter: 3,720
Overheat: 1,294

Cargo
Bay 1 (20 Doors): 600 Aerospace Fighters (1 Galaxy)
4 Small Craft
Bay 2 (5 Doors): 75 Elementals (1 Cluster)
Bay 3 (5 Doors): 120,000 tons of Spare Parts
10,830 tons of Food and Water

BV
Unmodified Defensive: 47,016
Unmodified Offensive: 693,924
Final BV: 425,598

Cost: Building an Apocalypse would bankrupt a Great House. The Clans will not sell such a vessel.

Notes: Armour is Ferro-Carbide Lamellor. Equipped with a HPG and Lithium-Fusion Batteries.

Overview
Clan Nova Cat began developing the Apocaypse-Class vessels in 3058, planning to create a Star of these vessels, in anticipation of resuming hostilities with the Inner Sphere. However, after Loremaster Biccon Winter’s Vision, they were to be used against Clan Smoke Jaguar. After the of the Great Refusal, Clan Nova Cat had completed and crewed only one Apocalypse (the Flagship, Apocalypse), and a second vessel (Death) was almost complete, though it had not been fitted with its K-F Drive and was therefore unable to embark on the Third Exodus with the rest of the Clan.

Capabilities
The Apocalypse fully lives up to its name. A single Apocalypse is an assault force by itself; it carries a full Galaxy of Aerospace Fighters, a Cluster of Elemental Marines, and is able to transport a full Combined-Arms Galaxy in DropShips. Also, the mighty WarShip carries a potent array of Anti-Ship weapons and can lay waste to even a Nightlord with a single volley. Because of the massive coolant systems installed in the WarShip, it can utilise almost all of it impressive weaponry at once. These monolithic weapons are backed up by layered Anti-Fighter weapons bays, and the Apocalypse can lay waste to even Assault DropShips in seconds, to say nothing of what it can do to enemy fighters. With the thousands of tons of fuel, spare parts, food, and water stored in its cavernous cargo bays, an Apocalypse can operate for over two years without resupply. The massive machine has crew facilities never before seen on a WarShip, let alone amongst the Clans, who typically take a dim view of those who serve in the skies. Each crewman has a 4-metre-by-4-metre room to themselves and access to one of the recreation decks located within one of the four massive gravity decks. The gravity decks also contain state-of-the-art BattleMech, Elemental, and Aerospace Fighter simulator pods. The corridors that pass through the ship have all been designed for defense operations; the Elementals cane move freely throughout the ship, save the narrow repair tubes in the Engineering decks, and there are many automated defence platforms in the main corridors. These automated point-defence systems are twin Blazer rifles linked to the fusion engines of the ship for unlimited power, tied into a targeting computer which can distinguish between friend and foe by chips implanted within every member of the crew, and those who board the ship are given a special ring to wear. These devices also allow the command and control computer to locate any individual on board the ship.

Deployment
Clan Nova Cat has deployed the Apocalypse with the Lachesis Keshik. Clan Wolf has deployed the Death alongside the Dire Wolf. A third, semi-completed WarShip was discovered in another orbiting factory, designated the War, and it is expected that Clan Wolf will install the maneuvering drives and weaponry that will complete the vessel.

Niftyness!

BTW: I know that 'Apocalypse' really means 'Revelation', but in common parlance it has replaced the word 'Armaggeddon'. Besides, I have a 500-odd ton Sub called the Armaggeddon already ;)

"Bah. An organised battle plan is for weenies who cannot trust their dice."
-Me, just after my opponent asked me what I was doing and right before my Timber Wolf shot his Kodiak down with 3 SUCCESSIVE 12s for To-Hit, Location and Criticals.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
realworldviews
09/18/01 10:26 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
ouch, I'd hate to run in to that thing with two or three warships.

Colonel Brian Davis
Gamers United
"Dreams become reality, for all who start off with a dream"
Nightward
09/19/01 12:10 AM

Heh. You'd need 2 or 3 WarShips to take it down, and the *WAS* the plan.

I designed this beastie in response to FASA's paathetic WarShips-most of them have tonnage devoted to cargo that exceeds the tonnage devoted to offensive systems. The Apocalypse still has a lot of cargo space, but it carries 'Da Big Gunz'.

It is pure munch, but it has seen action-we played a mock Trial of Possession for the Lum naval yards. I bid this beast agains the Raven's two Conqueror-Class ships and gutted both of them....witness the power of massed NAC/40 batteries....

-Me, just after my opponent asked me what I was doing and right before my Timber Wolf shot his Kodiak down with 3 SUCCESSIVE 12s for To-Hit, Location and Criticals.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
CrayModerator
09/19/01 10:37 AM

How much does it cost, and does it have Li-fusion battery?

Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Nightward
09/19/01 06:15 PM

I said "Building one of these vessels would bankrupt a Great House; the Clans will not sell such a vessel." Cost was not an issue. However, it does have an LF battery and a HPG. I thought i put those in, but I must have missed them....

CrayModerator
09/20/01 07:21 AM

Warships are expensive, but a single warship cannot bankrupt a Great House. The most expensive is the Clan Potemkin (25 docking collars and Li-fusion battery, oh my) at a piddly 66 billion C-bills. That's well below 1 C-bill in taxes per taxpayer over the course of the construction of the warship for any Great House. With 4 (6?) collars and a Li-fusion battery, the Apocalypse-class ships are probably around 16 billion C-bills. That's chump change to a Great House though, as a Great House won't be buying an Apocalypse, only an interesting hypothetical number.

However, cost (represented by C-bills if not paid for in C-bills) is a good indicator of what sort of economic drain the warship is to the nation that builds it. A Clan might not have to push a 16 billion C-bill spending bill for the construction of an Apocalypse through Congress (because Clans neither use C-bills or have Congresses), but the Clan building an Apocalypse is going to have spend labor, energy, and materials equivalent to ~16 billion C-bills to buy one.

With an average population of 70 million people, a typical Clan will have to shell out the equivalent of ~228 C-bills per man, woman, and child in labor, energy, and materials to build an Apocalypse. (Incidentally, that's about 3 orders of magnitude more investment per person than a Great House has to spend to build a warship like the Apocalypse.)

I asked "How much does an Apocalypse cost?" because the cost would give me a ballpark idea of how many a Clan could build before the Clan bankrupts itself. Rephrased, I was trying to figure out how many Apocalypses I would have to worry about seeing in the skies of the Inner Sphere (if I used them in my game). Their price tag would let me do that, and their price tag is entirely calculable with AT2.

Since you had built the Apocalypse, I thought you might have worked out the cost and could provide it more quickly than I could calculate it from scratch. If you didn't, that's cool, I can work with a ballpark figure based on other warships with the same number of docking collars and Li-fusion batteries.

"I have a sickness of the brain. I'm allowed to make no sense
to you puny mortals with your fully operational head-meat."
--Spider Jerusalem in The Transmetropolitan

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Nightward
09/23/01 10:40 PM

Sorry. I suppose I was needlessly scathing in my reply. I didn't do a costing for this thing becasuse the odds of anyone dploying more than 2 of them are a long shot. Since it contains some of the most expensive gear known to the Clans-and thus, mandkind-I couldn't be botheres to tax my brain-and calculator-working it out. Trying to figure out how much the Targeting Computer weighed per arc was bad enough. (I don't mean an actual TC, just WarShip targeting gear).....That took me nearly 45 minutes. Then I found out I'd stuffed the rear arc by not including the AntiAerospace batteries and had to start over....

As I said in the fluff though, only 2 are currently functional-the Apocalypse Flagship in the Lachesis Keshik, Clan Nova Cat, and the War? Death? I can't remember-with the Golden Keshik of Clan Wolf. One is being fitted out on the world of Abyss. On a side note, the Apocalypse carries 6 Docking Collars, loaded out with Mace-Class DropShips, which I'll post when I get thye time. Suffice to say, for now, that a Mace is more than a match for any current WarShip....100,000 tons of nastiness, which incedentaly carries a full cluster of Novas formations.

Again, I designed this less for actual use than from sheer boredom and an utter lack of any "good" warships. As I said earlier, most FASA designs pack more cargo space than firepower, which annoyed me a little. AQdd to that ill-designed weapons arrays, and you've got interesting Fluff material that's worthless in space. Especially since most Ships pack their firepwer exclusively in their broadside batteries, but have their strongest armour on their noses and front sides.....dhuh.......

Oh well. Incoherent ramble complete.

Karagin
08/01/10 12:01 PM

Interesting fluff
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 114 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5811

Contact Admins Sarna.net