Six magnet engine

Pages: 1
Newtype
03/24/09 01:43 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Basic Rules (could perhaps be modified later)
The six magnet engine uses six magnets to create electricity by having two outer magnets repel two inner magnets that repel each other back and forth. The two repelled back and forth magnets each turn a gear and each of those gears turns a gear and each of those latter gears turns a magnet to generate electricity. A six magnet engine can provide electrical power for eight hours minus five seconds at a time. Left and right motors move the left and right outer magnets so that they can attract the inner magnets for magnetic field increasing during sixteen hours.
Lmotor______________Rmotor
(LO)NS_(LI)NS_NS(RI)_NS(RO)
_______Lgear_ Rgear
_______Lgear_ Rgear
_______LNS__ NSR
_______coil__ coil

A six magnet engine takes up these critical slots in a 'Mech: two per side torso and three per center torso. In a conventional vehicle a six magnet engine takes up one item slot. A six magnet engine can be used by an aerounit/conventional fighter/battle armor unit. A six magnet engine has a tonnage equal to its engine rating divided by twenty and costs a number of C-bills equal to its tonnage multiplied by 40,000. A six magnet engine, when damaged, simply ceases to function.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
03/24/09 07:14 PM

No moron, that would not work just like your other moronic ideas!!! The magnets would just stay still and not move at all.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Fang
03/25/09 06:51 AM

Here's an idea. The magnets would repel each other, true, if the same poles were placed facing each other. But in order to have the 'bouncing' effect you describe, there would need to be a flexible mechanism in place to bring the magnets back together for them to repel each other again. If I read you idea correctly, the magnets repel each other into gears which are then activated somehow by the action of the magnets moving into them/striking them/ what have you. Initial problem is that once the magnets repel each other, they would stay at their opposite sides. If a flexible mechanism were attached to each magnet, would provide mobility enough for the magnets to push away from each other, but would then pull them back into place to be repelled again to continue the gear action. Haven't read it enough to see how the gears actaully work, but my initial two cents worth. While not practical and not really a plausible or feasible idea, this is a game based in FICTION, so fun ideas are ok sometimes.
One by one, the rabbits are stealing my sanity.....
Prince_of_Darkness
03/25/09 10:47 AM

Ha wat lol
Fang
03/25/09 10:59 AM

PoD, I said SOMEtimes
One by one, the rabbits are stealing my sanity.....
Newtype
03/27/09 11:37 AM

Quote:

Here's an idea. The magnets would repel each other, true, if the same poles were placed facing each other.

Yeah, that's true. Here's a better diagram:

Lmotor______________Rmotor
(LO)NS_(LI)SN_NS(RI)_SN(RO)
__roller__roller_roller__roller
_______Lgear_ Rgear
_______Lgear_ Rgear
_______LNS__ NSR
_______coil__ coil

Quote:

But in order to have the 'bouncing' effect you describe, there would need to be a flexible mechanism in place to bring the magnets back together for them to repel each other again. If I read you idea correctly, the magnets repel each other into gears which are then activated somehow by the action of the magnets moving into them/striking them/ what have you. Initial problem is that once the magnets repel each other, they would stay at their opposite sides. If a flexible mechanism were attached to each magnet, would provide mobility enough for the magnets to push away from each other, but would then pull them back into place to be repelled again to continue the gear action. Haven't read it enough to see how the gears actaully work, but my initial two cents worth. While not practical and not really a plausible or feasible idea, this is a game based in FICTION, so fun ideas are ok sometimes.

The outer magnets, (LO)NS and SN(RO), repel the inner magnets, (LI)SN and NS(RI), back to where they came from. Then inner magnets (LI)SN and NS(RI) repel each other again while each of those two magnets turn gears and the repelling process and gear turning process keep repeating. Actually the motors turn magnets (LO)NS and SN(RO) 180 degrees for 5 seconds every 16 hours to restrengthen magnetic fields of the four top magnets. Each of the outer and inner magnets are on a rolling rectangular block and between each rolling rectangular block and adjacent magnet is a layer of adhesieve that connects rolling rectangular block to magnet.
Newtype
04/04/09 01:00 PM

Also, a vehicle that uses a six magnet engine in temperatures hostile to unarmored infantry results in that vehicle's six magnet engine adhesieve being destroyed unless that engine has protective covering equal to that six magnet engine tonnage divided by 10, and that protective covering costs a number of C-bills equal to its tonnage multiplied by 1,000.
http://www.gp.org
http://www.VoteSwift.org
DOWN WITH CORPORATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Newtype
04/17/09 02:59 PM

I wonder what Cray is going to type now. Note that the top two gears ACII diagrammed above are long gears for the bottom gears to move.
adamwehn
04/17/09 03:54 PM

You're a moron!
Prince_of_Darkness
04/18/09 01:58 AM

Newtype
04/18/09 12:19 PM

Put up or shut up, adamwehn.
04/18/09 12:27 PM

Quote:

You're a moron!

Everyone knows that, except newtype. And he would, if his head was not all the way up his own butt and his head has been filled with his own shit he would know that he is a moron.

Also, newtype has proven that he is not gay. He keeps putting the wrong kind of head up his crack. Its not suppose to be the one that is above his own shoulders.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Prince_of_Darkness
04/18/09 04:23 PM

Quote:

adamwehn
04/18/09 06:35 PM

Quote:

I would, if there were anything to put up against your idiocy.
04/21/09 12:47 PM

Heehaw Heehaw Heehaw

Yes, we need to call the WAAAAAABULANCE for newtype.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Newtype
04/27/09 01:03 PM

Provide a formula that disproves my magnet engine or admit my six magnet engine is credible.
Zandel_Corrin
04/27/09 07:45 PM

Simply put friction is what causes your idea to fail (that and your major lack of intellect but we'll talk about that later).

You can't stop it and in fact you depend upon it for power but it also causes your design to stop after a time.

Sorry to say...........(wait no i'm not!)........... But you FAIL AGAIN!!!
Galaxy Commander
Zandel Corrin
Night Dragon Clan
Prince_of_Darkness
04/27/09 09:59 PM

Quote:

Provide a formula that disproves my magnet engine or admit my six magnet engine is credible.

NI = CI/PS * years LAM's have been effectively dead^Herb

Where NI stands for "Newtype's Idiocy", CI is "Cray's Intelligence", and PS is "PoD's silliness".

SERIOUS BUSINESS REQUIRES SERIOUS MATHS.
04/28/09 05:24 AM

Quote:

Quote:

NI = CI/PS * years LAM's have been effectively dead^Herb

Where NI stands for "Newtype's Idiocy", CI is "Cray's Intelligence", and PS is "PoD's silliness".

SERIOUS BUSINESS REQUIRES SERIOUS MATHS.

Did you not mean NI = CI by the power of PS. Not NI = CI/PS

I'm sorry but either way your formula is not correct. You can't get a true infinite number with out using Infinity its self in your formula. And as we all know, Newtype's Idiocy is infinite. PoD I hope you don't mind me pointing out your error.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Newtype
05/05/09 07:41 PM

The 200 kg of coils are actually 10 kg of coils the horseshoe magnets turn beside and the remaining 190 kg of coils are actually transformers to step up the 10 kg coil power. If you doubt this works, then provide formulas to indicate so.

Edited by Newtype (05/05/09 07:45 PM)
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 159 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 8918

Contact Admins Sarna.net