AS7-E Atlas - Intro Tech Jumping Zombie Atlas

Pages: 1
GiovanniBlasini
02/11/15 08:36 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Ok, this one may require some explanation....

First up, thanks to getting a free Atlas in MechWarrior Online, and the Favorite Atlas thread, I've been pondering interesting Atlas builds, since two versions also show up on the Periphery General and Pirate lists on the MUL.

Second, I wanted an Atlas that was more than a little crazy. I may not have the LE jumping Atlas mini, but jumping 100-tonners are cool. Also, I thought of the insane mods done to 'Mechs in Crescent Hawk's Inception, and wanted to try my hand at something similar, also sticking to Intro tech.

Third, zombies are cool.

So, as a result, replace rear medium lasers with a pair of jump jets. Mount large lasers on the arms like the AS7-RS. Swap the autocannon for a PPC. Remove the missile launchers, and shove a small laser into each hole where the SRM-6 was (a mod CHI did on the Commando). Replace the 5-tube LRM-20 with 5 medium lasers. Add heat sinks.

With 27 dissipation, firing the PPC and paired large lasers is heat neutral when walking. Closer in, the medium and small lasers generate 21 heat together, or using one large and the 5 mediums generates 23 heat. Plenty of options for heat management.

While you lose max range (18 hexes instead of 21) and a bit off average damage (10 instead of 12) past 16 hexes, your max damage jumps to 26 points from 10-15 hexes. At 4-9 hexes, you can do 40 points (PPC + MLs) without heat issues. Within 3 hexes, damage jumps to 48 for your torso lasers, not including physical attacks or the occasional large laser.

So, while it's not really optimized per se, and the weaponry is almost akin to a Black Knight that got charged by a LCT-1E, in the end, I think it works.

Code:

Atlas AS7-E

Mass: 100 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Introductory
Era: Succession Wars
Tech Rating/Era Availability: D/X-E-D-A
Production Year: 3025
Cost: 9,355,000 C-Bills
Battle Value: 2,041

Chassis: Unknown Standard
Power Plant: Unknown 300 Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 32.4 km/h
Maximum Speed: 54.0 km/h
Jump Jets: Unknown
Jump Capacity: 60 meters
Armor: Unknown Standard Armor
Armament:
1 PPC
2 Large Lasers
5 Medium Lasers
6 Small Lasers
Manufacturer: Unknown
Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

================================================================================
Equipment Type Rating Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Standard 152 points 10.00
Engine: Fusion Engine 300 19.00
Walking MP: 3
Running MP: 5
Jumping MP: 2 Standard
Jump Jet Locations: 2 CT 4.00
Heat Sinks: Single Heat Sink 27 17.00
Heat Sink Locations: 1 LT, 8 RT, 1 LA, 1 RA, 2 LL, 2 RL
Gyro: Standard 3.00
Cockpit: Standard 3.00
Actuators: L: SH+UA+LA+H R: SH+UA+LA+H
Armor: Standard Armor AV - 304 19.00

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 31 47
Center Torso (rear) 14
L/R Torso 21 32
L/R Torso (rear) 10
L/R Arm 17 34
L/R Leg 21 41

================================================================================
Equipment Location Heat Critical Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Large Laser RA 8 2 5.00
Large Laser LA 8 2 5.00
PPC RT 10 3 7.00
6 Small Lasers LT 6 6 3.00
5 Medium Lasers LT 15 5 5.00
Free Critical Slots: 12

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 10 Points: 20
3/1j 4 4 1 0 4 2 Structure: 8
Special Abilities: ENE, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA

Member of the Pundit Caste
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." -- Col. Saul Tigh, BSG2003
ghostrider
02/12/15 12:17 AM

just curious on why you didn't try 3 jumps, but only 2. I know min/max would suggest 3 jump since you build 3 heat for any jump even if it's less, unless that got changed.

As much as I like the ac 20, this has some good potential, now that is isn't ammo dependent. Personally dual ppcs would be the way I would have gone, but this is still a working mech. Honestly better then the lrm 20.

Kind makes you wish you had double heat sinks in the 3025 era.
Definitely shock the hell out of people the first time it fired. Mixed with normal ones, and really cause havoc.
GiovanniBlasini
02/12/15 01:19 AM

Thought about a full three jump, and it's easy enough to do, but decided swapping the two rear CT lasers for 2 jump jets and being suboptimal would be more amusing.

For 3 jump jets, simply drop 2 heat sinks, or swap the 5 medium lasers for 5 small lasers, saving you 2.5 tons for another jump jet and either a head-mounted small laser or 3 more points of armor.
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." -- Col. Saul Tigh, BSG2003
ghostrider
02/12/15 03:58 AM

Honestly, the third jet helps but isn't really a big issue. I seriously doubt anything will be in range long enough for them to make a difference.

Getting to cover is the main reason I could see it's use. I don't think anyone would risk a dfa from a 100 ton mech, so them not realizing it is only 60 meter jump can be forgiven. Which would make me ask, why so many small lasers? I would think people woudl stay out of that range enitrely, adding dfa into the mix.

It is good the way it is.
GiovanniBlasini
02/12/15 12:57 PM

Quote:
ghostrider writes:

Honestly, the third jet helps but isn't really a big issue. I seriously doubt anything will be in range long enough for them to make a difference.

Getting to cover is the main reason I could see it's use. I don't think anyone would risk a dfa from a 100 ton mech, so them not realizing it is only 60 meter jump can be forgiven.

On the other hand, you don't necessarily need to do a DFA: simply jumping into the hex next to them and kicking or punching could work, too, and an extra hex of jump could be handy, so the argument works both ways.

On the gripping hand, losing the AC/20 means losing the 9-hex bubble of doom without the bank of medium lasers to replace it, which would encourage the use of mediums over even more smalls. That said, instead of 5 mediums and 6 smalls you could do 6 mediums and 4 smalls, and just leave the fifth LRM tube unreplaced and unfilled.

Quote:

Which would make me ask, why so many small lasers? I would think people woudl stay out of that range enitrely, adding dfa into the mix.

It is good the way it is.

Mass small lasers because Crescent Hawk's Inception.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 104 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4386

Contact Admins Sarna.net