Equipment Loc
----------------------------------
Improved Jump Jets RT, LT
AES LL
AES RL
Hatchet RA
Sword LA
Guardian ECM Suite CT

Retains the same armor and ECM as the PRIME variant, but loses the BAP and Mounted Searchlight in favor of 3 ER Medium Lasers, and an AES system in the legs. Also reduces the speed to 5/8 and drops one Improved Jump Jet. 2 points of the armor re-allocated from the Rear CT to the Front CT because lasers.
"Woad Raider, kill things today."

Edited by l0rDn0o8sKiLlZ (10/29/17 11:31 PM)
ghostrider
10/29/17 09:43 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
What does the aes system do in the legs?
I thought it improved the accuracy of weapons in that limb.
Also, did they change the rules for hand held weapons? It was set up so only one such weapon could be used in a round. Having two meant one was useless in the turn.
Seen this in a few of the mechs I have looked at so far.
If this holds true still, then you have wasted weight that could be put to better use.

If not, then I would lost the sword, and add in a few more weapons, or defensive measures.

I will ask that you put the improved jump jets into the equipment list or weapons location. Without the fluff, there is no way to really see that except what I initially thought was a typo error of the 8 jumping movement.
l0rDn0o8sKiLlZ
10/29/17 11:37 PM

Fixed.

According to the wiki AES grants a bonus to physical attacks when it is in the legs, along with normal piloting rolls, but only normal piloting rolls.

I don't know if Melee weapons can be used twice in a round, I don't play BattleTech at the moment.

I just thought an Axe / Sword wielding 50-ton robot with massive Jumping ability would look cool. [And scary ] Plus it fit with the whole "Inca Warrior" motif I had imagined for it.

Why on earth couldn't you swing two weapons at once anyway? Giant nuclear power, neuro-linked 31st century 100-ton half-flying laser vomiting missile spewing death machines can't somehow bash something with 2 weapons at once?

Or is it more because of the time-elapsed per turn? If there are separate attack phases though, couldn't you theoretically melee twice, but not fire?

Edited by l0rDn0o8sKiLlZ (10/29/17 11:38 PM)
Karagin
10/29/17 11:50 PM

Mainly because there are still some attempts at keeping the game down on planet Earth vs being a copy of Robotech. Which game are you currently playing?

Battletech is a turn based game, that has initiative phases, a movement phase, a combat phase, a physical combat phase, a heat phase and then you repeat until one side wins. Each completed turn by both sides is roughly 10 seconds of real time combat. That is a rough break down of the tabletop miniatures game.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
l0rDn0o8sKiLlZ
10/30/17 12:00 AM

Only the PC games, nothing even close to TableTop. I have MegaMEK, but haven't tried it out yet.

I'm currently waiting on the BattleTech PC turn-based game.I simply cannot find an in-person group in VA, mostly because I can't find a place to buy the game much less play it.

I prefer in person, but would gladly try MegaMEK if anyone is on it. I didn't want to do so until I had some rulebooks to reference though, as I'm not sure if I need them or not, but still would like some before playing the TableTop.

I am aware the PC is nothing like the TableTop. I am also sorry to hear my Conan wanna-bee will never Axe-Sword Murder anyone.

Also, I didn't know RoboTech was a game. I thought Macross was it, alongside that one Gamecube / Xbox game that was kinda cool.
"Woad Raider, kill things today."
Karagin
10/30/17 11:57 AM

Really, what part of VA? David's Comics in Richmond can order the game, or well last time I through there they could. MegaMek is not an official game, and it doesn't 100% follow the tabletop rules, it's close but still not on 100%. I personally stay way from it since it's not an official game.

The PC games like Mechwarrior are more akin to First Person Shooter with mechs, which can be cool, but in my opinion lose the fun fast, but other may find them to be the best thing since the game came out.

Many of the games that are on computers or consoles are from old tabletop games or board games, Robotech started as a RPG and become a lot more since the anime was a huge hit. Same with Battletech it, it is still a table top miniatures game that has grown into a large number of areas.

Your Conan-esque mech would see use, but it's a limited use item, great for a spin off part of the game call Solairs VII, and it would be interesting to see how it work there.

I know there were players in Richmond/Petersburg area a few years back, not sure any more, it's be a minute since I was in that area. I know you could try posting here and other BT Forums like HeavyMetalPro's forum or Mordels or even the CGL official forums and ask at players in your area.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 180 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4531

Contact Admins Sarna.net