Rule Question: BV2 and Pilots

Pages: 1
PhoenixTheBlack09
08/17/11 07:36 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Hello

I have recently started getting back into BattleTech, and I have a quick question regarding the BV2 values on the Master Unit list, which I've downloaded though ClassicBattletech.com and DrivethruRPG.com.

Do these values include the level of the Pilot?

The reason for this question is based on the whole Clan vs Inner sphere battles.

According to Total warfare, regular Clan pilots are just a little better than regular IS pilots, and I don't want to use these better values if they are not included in the BV2 on the master list, but I've been unable to get any clarification on the internet.

Also, is the type of pilot automatically based on the type of tech?? If it's a clan mech, is it automatically a clan pilot, and IS for IS?

Thanks for any assistance you may be able to provide.

As a follow-on question, does anyone know if the Techmanual, which includes the rules for calulating BV2, also includes rules for paying extra for veteran or elite pilots?

Thanks
CrayModerator
08/17/11 02:48 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Quote:

As a follow-on question, does anyone know if the Techmanual, which includes the rules for calulating BV2, also includes rules for paying extra for veteran or elite pilots?

Per pg304 of Tech Manual, if a MechWarrior has skills other than gunnery/piloting 4/5, then you used modifiers on the 'Mech's BV, discussed on pg314 of Tech Manual.

pg314 provides multipliers to the base BV2 for different piloting and gunnery skills in the "BV Skill Multiplier Table."

The Master Unit List uses 4/5 skills for Clan and Inner Sphere units.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 77 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5843

Contact Admins Sarna.net