Question about the Roughneck

Pages: 1
Requiemking
12/07/17 03:02 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
So, I'm from the MWO forums, and I have a little question about the Roughneck. As far as we are aware in our little corner of the internet(IE the MWO forums), the Roughneck was canonised by CGL as a form of thanks to Alex "flyingdebris" Iglesias for all he has done for Battletech. So, I'm kinda curious as to why it is labelled as apocryphal content.
FrabbyModerator
12/07/17 03:47 AM

I'm out of the loop regarding MWO, but the basic situation is this:

The fluff (and that only - thus not neccessarily the configurations) of the Hero 'Mechs was expressly declared canonical by Randall Bills.

Is the Roughneck a Hero 'Mech? If so, then it was canonized in full via Bills' ruling from when he was Line Developer.

If the Roughneck is not a Hero 'Mech then it might still be canonical - if such a declaration was made by one of the people who can decide over BattleTech canon, typically the Line Developer or Assistant Line Developer.
I'm not aware of such a ruling, but I don't play MWO and have a hard time finding anything on their forums. (Like, it'd be great to have a list of Hero 'Mechs and links to their fluff. No luck.)

Otherwise, the design is apocryphal on grounds of being a licensed third-party BattleTech invention.
Wrangler
01/08/18 09:18 AM

Unless it's in a printed or a PDF published source from current license holder (Catalyst Game Labs), it's a apocryphal product and not canon. In the past these sort products, when someone connected to them are involved with CGL, they end up adapting them to the franchise
When it hits the fan, make sure your locked, loaded, and ready to go!
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 66 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3596

Contact Admins Sarna.net