[General Questions] ‘Yard Construction Information 3025 era (long post)

Pages: 1
Giorgio76
03/13/19 11:17 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Note 2: All references to “Yards” is meant to cover shipyards, repairyards, mobile yards, orbital factories, and related industrial infrastructure to build space naval units of all types.
In addition to going through the BT Techmanual and Sarna wiki, I have questions about space unit infrastructure and construction capabilities that are operational, damaged but repairable, and operational but mothballed, throughout the Inner Sphere and Periphery around 3025.
I don’t expect to have all the answers immediately, and this is something I will be researching and writing about for the next few months.
Where hard information is not available, I would like to read ‘best educated guesses” at to what people think are reasonable numbers or information. The scope of my questions is primarily on the major ‘Yards in this timefream, and not intended as a compressive list of every type of ‘Yard in existence during this era.
Thanks in advance for any feedback.
SY-1: What are the major & minor ‘Yards of the Major & Minor Houses, Comstar, Mercenary, and Major Corporations in the 3025 era?
HD-
HK-
HS-
HM-
HL-
CS-
OA-
MOC-
TC-
SY-2: What is the current construction capacity (tonnage) of those ‘Yards?
SY-3: What are designs that were previously constructed at any ‘Yard, that is no longer in current production by 3025?
SY-4: What is needed for any current ‘Yard to be rebuilt if destroyed or damaged, and/or to expand its construction capacity?
SY-5: What is needed for new ‘Yards to be constructed?
SY-6: To the best of my knowledge, this is no official rules on how long it takes to build warships/jumpships/dropships in length of time (weeks/months/years), only some passing references in some of these unit’s Technical Readout entries. What would be your best estimate on how long it takes to build each of those unit types, given the state of technology, infrastructure, materials knowledge, and resources available in this era?
References [Succession Wars Era]:
-House Davion
-House Kurita
-House Steiner
-House Marik
-House Liao
-The Periphery
-Comstar
-Dropships & Jumpships
-Mechwarrior RPG 1E
-TR 3025 Revised
-TR 3026 Revised
-TR 3039
-Historical: The First Succession War
-Historical: The Second Succession War
-Objective Raids
References [Star League Era]
-The Star League
-Era Report 2750
-Historical: Reunification War
-Liberation of Terra, Vol. 1
-Liberation of Terra, Vol. 2
-Field Manual SLDF
-Field Report: AFFS
-Field Report: DCMS
-Field Report: CCAF
-Field Report: FWLM
-Field Report: LACF
-Field Report: Periphery
-TR 2750
Note #3: The above references are only a partial list and will be updated again.

Edited by Giorgio76 (03/13/19 08:35 PM)
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 110 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 1795

Contact Admins Sarna.net