Information on Unit Compositions

Pages: 1
Gemini
08/14/12 11:05 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I'm an old school player running a 3030 Time of War campaign with a Kurita house unit. The player's are mechwarriors but their current garrison is supported by the 3rd Battalion of a light armored regiment.

I'm basically trying to figure out what that looks like. There are tons and tons of tables and scenario packs that describe what a "fire lance" or a "scout lance" looks like, but logistically what does a Light Armor Battalion look like?

The terrain is hilly and sparse urban if that matters. I'm thinking some Vadettes/Scorpions, some Missile carriers and maybe a few hover tanks et.

Also Organizationally what's the deal with APC's. Would they be part of an armored unit, or an infantry regiment? It's not like Kurita is doing much combined arms in this period.
Prince_of_Darkness
08/15/12 02:48 AM

Crap, I have no idea. You'd be better off asking the boys on the Classic Battletech board that one.
Karagin
08/15/12 06:41 AM

Yes APCs would be part of the regiment IF the regiment is mechanized infantry.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
scheinlen
09/01/12 02:11 PM

Well, let’s look at this from a armor battalion point of view… Military designs have not changed much since the armor of WW II… just the equipment used… Thank of the “BFV” as meaning Basic Infantry Vehicles or APC’s… Attachment (280 downloads)
It is not my job to judge my Enemies, that is there God's job. It is only my duty to arrange the meeting!
Katrar
09/02/12 10:18 AM

An IS armor battalion is comprised of 3 armor companies, each consisting of 3 armor lances with the standard 4 vehicles per lance. So, 36 vehicles.

Probably for a garrison battalion 2 companies of light armor and 1 company of mediums. Probably tracks with tracks, hovers with hovers just for uniformity. It's much quicker/easier to just do armor than apcs and infantry but those can be fun too.
HoC Gaming - Come war with us!
The HoC Archive - Neveron's definitive historical document
Pages: 1
Extra information
2 registered and 126 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5095

Contact Admins Sarna.net