[Giorgioverse] Comstar 3025 Era

Pages: 1
Giorgio76
01/13/19 08:10 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
As a future GM for an under development Mechwarrior/A Time of War RPG campaign (which I will call “Giorgioverse” as a placeholder for my BattleTech, MechWarrior RPG, Alpha Strike, F2F, Hero Labs/Realms Work, Obsidian Portal, and Roll20 work in progress), below are open questions I am asking myself (and others) to generate ideas.

Thanks in advance for any Feedback.

A) Comstar has the capabilities (industrial, orbital shipyards, technological, repair/maintenance, economical…) to build warships, jumpships, mechs, and vehicles from the late SL era as of 3025, if they had the need to do so correct?

B) What is the overall status of the ComStar Guards and Militia in 3025?

C) What is the overall status of the ComStar Navy & Aerospace in 3025?

D) In 3006 The First Circuit named Julian Tieople as the new Primus as a consensus pick, what other candidates could have been chosen instead? (I am having a hard time finding this on Sarna or the Comstar Sourcebook).

E1) If a different Comstar Primus (with First Circuit support) had in 3025 determined to share SL era knowledge in non-military areas (medicines, agriculture, manufacturing, orbital design & engineering, energy sources, environmental sciences & technology…), how long before that would have made a significant positive impact in the life of most IS people, and the economies of the Great and Minor Houses?

E2) If a different Comstar Primus (with First Circuit support) had in 3025 determined to share SL era knowledge in military areas (mechs, vehicles, infantry power armor, warships, jumpships, dropships, aerofighters), including sales of the warship drives only CS could make, how long would it take for the Great and Minor houses to begin fielding improve versions of existing designs, manufacturing of “lost” designs, and design/construction of brand new designs?

F) Comstar failed to follow Wolfs Dragoons in their first supply run out of IS space in 3009, assuming that CS spent the next years developing a specialized stealth ship with special ops team, along with extensive Explorer corps reconnaissance of the last known location, they did better next time.

Their next opportunity was in 3019, and assuming they were able to successfully follow Wolfs Dragoons without being detected, would they have been led to the “secret supply depot” the Dragoons had in the Periphery, or would they have been led directly to Clan space? I have read different articles on Sarna, and I am not sure where the Wolfs Dragoon second supply run took place.

G) How much knowledge does the “general public” have about ComStar’s leadership, organization, and deployment in the IS and Periphery?
ghostrider
01/13/19 09:28 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
A) When the game first came out, nothing was really known about the capabilities of comstar. As the game came out with new information and such, it was found out Comstar did indeed have the ability to make SL era units, including the Titan shipyards. They rebuilt what they needed to.

B) The Comguard did not exist in 3025, but they did have their ROM branch going. The Guard was 'formed' in 3029/3030 during the 4th succession war. It was done so as a response to the 'staged' Comstar facility attack blaming Davion.

C) Comstar was know to have a fleet of jumpships and dropships, as they did move around to nations of the IS, and we later learn the Comstar Exploration units had their own unique jumpship they used. According to the TRO 3057, the Magellan jumpship was in use by Comstar since 2960. The warships they had left over from the League were mothballed, so they weren't in service until they started spreading the Comguard. It would be a good bet, they had lots of shuttles and such, but not quite sure of fighters.

D) unknown by me.

E) No. Comstar was strictly against releasing any information dealing with the League tech to the is at this point. It was enforce by the vote of the First Circuit. So no matter who was in charge, any League Tech would not have been released, in the canon storyline.
Warship engines were not needed until after the Helm Memory Core was spread and deciphered.
This needs to be noted, as the NAIS on New Avalon, was raided during the 4th war, to destroy the copy Davion had and was deciphering. They framed the Capellans Death Commandos for it.

F) Not sure if my information is right, but Comstar never was able to locate the Wolf cache. Technically, their efforts to find it, resulted in the clans invasion, as their jumpship Outbound Light, jumped into the system with the Smoke Jaguar's planet Huntress. If not for the traitor clanner, Trent, they would not have know the location as the Outbounds crew was detained indefinitely.

G) During 3025, people probably knew the First Circuit, the administrators on worlds they dealt with, and that was about it. Deployment sounds like military, and as stated above, that was not done until the fourth war. And noted here, it is why Comstar set forth the coms ban against the FS.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 147 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2181

Contact Admins Sarna.net