Few general questions

Pages: 1
Dester
11/02/07 12:30 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Few general questions.

At gen con the GM had a large felt cloth with hexs on it (larger then standard maps) that seamed to work very well. Is this something that is comercially avaliable or will i have to get some green felt and print the hexs on myself?

Are their any guides to painting the mini's that anyone has found especially usefull?

Model Railroad stuff seams to be a good idea, has anyone used this before.. scale HO, or Z?

Besides IronWind metals scrap yard.. is there any good place to get extra arms/ legs, ect... for mechs. The original ral partha gen in particular.

Thanks
Dester
Karagin
11/04/07 01:00 PM

Reaper puts out a mech game call CAV, they have miniatures that work well in BT and the parts can add some really good weapons and such to BT miniatures.

The map you say can be bought commercially, try looking on the different sights that sell gaming stuff, or look for the Geo-Hex line of products, I believe they are still around.

Railroad stuff is okay, Z scale is the best but hard to find.

Hit the links and go to Lords of the Battlefield webpage, they have a lot of tips. Also over on HeavyMetal Pro's website there is a nice miniature forum that folks share tips and ideas and such.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
cbtgod
10/03/08 08:06 AM

the mats made by geohex and they are pricey around 60-80 $
yes its a toad, if you didnt know that you dont know anything about cbt
Brian_Paxt
11/08/08 07:40 PM

I purchased a 3' x 3' green hexed map for my gaming sessions. The company I got it from was really good because I ordered the wrong size hexes and sent them an e-mail like 10 minutes after I made the order and they swapped it for the right size even before they shipped it.

http://www.mondayknight.com/MKP-Mats.htm
Karagin
08/06/09 12:16 PM

True, they are the most costly of all the stuff out there, but they do make some good stuff.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 44 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 9504

Contact Admins Sarna.net