glue

Pages: 1
wartang
12/16/04 12:02 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
what type should i use?
and is there a way to make them so that i can turn their torso's after i glue them
i love this game
davion76
12/16/04 05:39 PM

I would use CA (super) glue. IAs for being able to make torsos turnable, yes it is possible, but you will hve to buy a rotating joint and drill out the appropriate size hole in both the top and bottom of the mech. Then be REALLY careful as you glue the rotating joint in place on the bottom, then the top, with time for the glue to set in between. Note that this would be very difficult to do even on mechs that are built with a glue together waist. On mechs that are cast as a solid piece or only with add on arms/legs/weapons, you would have to saw the mech in half (very precisely). This would lkely leave a very ugly mech.

Lastly, why would you want to have swivel top mechs? I don't know a single person that actually uses the torso twist phase.
Wraith
12/16/04 07:00 PM

Hm, wartang sounds like one of my friends who converts pretty much any line of minis. Sometimes it's just fun to have little "cool" factors on a mini

One thing that I've just started to do is use Rare Earth magnets. I got 50 1/8" diameter, 1/16" thick on eBay for $8.50. Just drill a pocket (Dremel has some general-purpose bits that leave a flat bottom), and pop in the magnet.

Magnets aren't really so necessary in BT, unless you want to make interchangeable variants. Even for those, it's still easier to pin the joint. Drill a small hole in each component that will pivot with a pin vise. Buy some small diameter rod (or use a piece of a paperclip), cut a short piece off and glue it in one side (for arms I glue it to the torso). Then press the other piece on. Sometimes the fit may be sloppy. To fix it, buy a drill bit that is slightly undersized. You'll pressfit the rod into the hole, and things won't rotate without you moving them.
-Wraith
wartang
12/16/04 07:49 PM

thanks guys
i love this game
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 7764

Contact Admins Sarna.net