Any one want to share some ideas?

Pages: 1
WolfWarden3062
07/01/04 01:02 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Hello,

I'm currently running a MW3 game and I've got a decent size group of people (3) and 2 NPC's for that added support. So far it's been one game session and my players have discovered that both NPC's that are with them are not only Capellan Confederation and Draconis Combine, but are also wanted by the law pretty much throughout the sphere for being assassins that have taken down a good number of dignitaries and military officers in every section of the sphere, including clan occupied area and periphery. Since that has completely jumped my story ideas ahead and killed a few other ideas... anyone have any ideas they might be willing to toss my way? If so, it's much appreciated.
-The most difficult factor of battle is taking the most devious path and making it the most direct route. The art of manuver is just that; Art.
-Sun-Tzu, The Art of War
-Who wants to have a good time and blow crap up?
-Paul Stanley, KISS
CrayModerator
07/01/04 10:14 PM

Star League cache. Can't go wrong with it, and it throws them off the plot they're used (assassin NPCs).

Their ship misjumps to the wrong system, breaks down, but they detect a beacon with Star League codes. They investigate, find a space station (with spare parts, but little else - it's about to fall apart due to radiation embrittlement) and...the cache. Locked into a very solid vault.

Now, the vault only protects a collection of 20th Century comic books, but it's protected like Fort Knox by autodefense systems and big enough to house a regiment of Star League 'mechs. The vault is so big because it has tens of meters of water radiation shielding in its walls - it's the only part of the station not ready to fall apart. The star system is a binary, a giant star and a neutron star. The neutron star strips gas from the giant star, builds up, and releases a devastating pulse of radiation every so many months. The PCs arrive between pulses - there's no radiation risk, but the station is in bad shape.

With this adventure, you can
1) Quickly whip it up. It's just a "dungeon crawl" in space.
2a) Have the PCs bond with the assassin NPCs, getting over past animosities, or
2b) Have the PCs and NPCs fight it out for the contents of the vault, not realizing what's actually in there.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Pav
07/11/04 03:38 PM

LOL !!! That's MEAN!!!
You could simply have them stranded on a deserted colony , followed by the overly agressive native fauna , like in Alien or Jurassic Park...(You could kill the NPC's or force them to work together) Of course , you could add a SL cache , or better , make the cache their only means of survival...
Or BETTER... Allmost kill them , then lead them to the cache , where the find standard emergency rations and some first-aid supplies... They'll be dissapointed about the cache , but happy to be still alive...
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6013

Contact Admins Sarna.net