microMechwarrior

Pages: 1
Chgowiz
10/08/09 04:26 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I've just created microMechwarrior - a very small, abbreviated set of rules that captures (I hope) the basic mechanics and essence of what a Mechwarrior RPG needs. I went back to the 1st edition of Mechwarrior, as well as some other influences that I've used in other RPG gaming At a digest/booklet size, it clocks in at 6 pages rules, 1 page of "fluff" and 1 paragraph of copyright/legalese. That's compared to the roughly 67 pages of actual rules in MW1 and the 402 page (!!) behemoth that is Time of War beta.

It's meant as a "rules light" alternative to the heavier RPGs, as a quick and dirty "beer and pretzels" Mechwarrior RPG. I feel kinda funny sharing it on Catalyst's forum, but perhaps someone here might give it a whirl and see what you think? Worst case, I have something I can use at my WinterWar 2010 Battletech/Mechwarrior/horror sci-fi scenario.

microMechwarrior PDF download

This was also inspired by microlite20 and microlite20 modern. m20 is a 2 page version of the Wizards of the Coast d20 system. And it works beautifully.
Tripod
10/09/09 08:28 AM

Veeery innnteresting....
TBA
Chgowiz
10/09/09 11:27 PM

Updated microliteMechwarrior rules

Updated with errata and with changes to mechanics for skill/task resolution. Now using TNs tied to stats as well as a more consistent mechanic with Battletech boardgame.
Chgowiz
10/15/09 11:06 AM

The rules have gone thru a bit more editing after playtest and feedback. Their permanent home is now here: http://oldguyrpg.blogspot.com/2009/10/micromechwarrior.html - thank you for your feedback and comments!
Chgowiz
02/02/10 12:38 PM

I just ran a convention game using the microMechwarrior rules (and an adaptation to the Quick Start Battletech rules that included heat and jumping) and it went great! The RPG part went very well, with combat, puzzle solving and interacting with enemies. I have a couple of modifications to make mainly for armor values but overall, I'm pretty pleased with how the rules worked.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5737

Contact Admins Sarna.net