Unseen blues.

Pages: 1
Bob_Richter
11/15/01 01:04 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
In MPBattletech 3025, I got the opportunity, for an extended period, to be a light 'Mech pilot (needed to be level 8 to qualify for Mediums. Even then they were far too expensive to actually buy.), and I found myself missing many of my favorites. 20 tonners. Locusts, Wasps, Stingers. These little things were never replaced, and 20 tonners have all but disappeared from video games.

These 'Mechs, like many of the Unseen, filled a vital Battlefield niche. These things were pathetic little clowns, to be laughed at and given to newbies, a role now increasingly commanded by the (supposedly) rare Commando and Raven.

I realise the graphical representations traditionally used for these 'Mechs are gone, and that it's impossible to use them in a shooter game without such. But why can't we have the old 'Mechs (the stats and names for which need no alteration and very much a part of early Battletech) with new pictures?

I mean....it's not like we're getting the pictures back. And meanwhile our games are REALLY HURTING for their lack.

What? You think the 20 tonners weren't important? I mean, aside of having a 'Mech under 35 tons with LRM capability (Locust Variant.) Well how about some of these other Unseens: Valkrie. Phoenix Hawk. Shadow Hawk. Griffin. Wolverine. Rifleman...

A number of these 'Mechs, I would have given my tonsils, or my appendix, to pilot, instead of Fire Javelins and Ravens sprouting like Dandy Lions after a spring rain storm.

I mean...let's give some love to the Unseens and bring them back in some form. Not that that's ever going to happen. Microsoft is just going to keep on making Mad Cat IIs and IIIs and whatever. Wonder what happens when they reach 100 tons with those things? Maybe they make a Mad Cat IV which is OVER 100 tons (and even SLOWER, since MS seems to think that's an improvement.)

-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements facts or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)

They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
NathanKell
11/15/01 01:24 AM

Heh, you beat me to the punch!--err, post.
I know what you mean--the only replacement for the LCT-1M seems to be the CDA-3C, which is double the weight...
And then there's the heavies--their ranks are *gutted* without Riflemen, Hammers, and Marauders. All we get are Catapults, Jaegermechs (pfft) and Quickdraws (ptui). And the Blackjack is suddenly effective.
BTW, what's your handle there?

-NathanKell
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson, Letter, 10 Aug. 1787
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Bob_Richter
11/15/01 05:35 AM

I'm Jager. Some kind of low-class Steiner. Rarely on.

They are not necessarily statements facts or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.

They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
NathanKell
11/15/01 01:40 PM

Ah. Lt. NathanKell, LCAF, at your service. Lately been on vacation on Atreus...
Or was it Luthien?
Or maybe Sian...

-NathanKell
Thomas Jefferson, Letter, 10 Aug. 1787
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Thomas Jefferson
Bob_Richter
11/15/01 07:06 PM

I've actually seen you online, come to think of it.

Yes. That was fun...:)

LordChaos
11/16/01 12:42 AM

I've fought you.

Sargent Major RojanKistar, FWLM. Do you think you could get off my capital? ;)

Real mechwariors pilot IS mechs.

Edited by LordChaos on 11/16/01 00:43 AM (server time).

Real mechwariors pilot IS mechs.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2922

Contact Admins Sarna.net