Making Money!

Pages: 1
novakitty
05/25/02 11:28 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Best in game: one of the stocks (cannot remember which one right now) has an almost constant, but slow growth rate. I used to put some money in there (at the beginning, when you will not be attacked) and place a somewhat heavy object on the "down" arrow and go do something else. When I returned, I could easily afford inferno SRM launchers for each potential party member.
meow
Zwischy
05/25/02 01:21 PM

The best way to do it is to sink money into BakPhar. Save frequently, because you never know when the money may go belly-up, but when BakPhar works, it works beyond your wildest dreams. However, don't expect to see much increase until you get shot out of the training center and make your way to the Starport. Just make sure you save before that happens, in case BakPhar goes belly-up while you're adventuring.

I always like to hang around the training center for as long as I can, visiting ComStar often to dump more money into my accounts. I get fully trained in rifles and mech repair, and more if I get lucky early on. Obviously, this takes a lot of time because you have to wait for your 15 C-Bill allowance.
KamikazeJohnson
05/25/02 03:52 PM

I usually start by dumping everything into BakPhar, saving, then checking the results (updates whenever you receive your allowance). If it went down, I reload. If it went up, I add my allowance, save, repeat.

Keep in mind that at least one version of the game cuts off your allowance (and stock earnings) if you're idle too long. If this happens, just get training, or do a training mission (or any other game-critical activity) and continue.

Once I'm ready to leave the Citadel, I usually throw all my cash into DefHes...its absolutely safe, so it's best for long-term investment.

At the Starport, you can repeat the BakPhar trick...IIRC, the timing works out that you can invest the money, run to the arena, fight a match, save the game, then run back to check your investments. With the guaranteed 250 C-bill profit (using a rented 'Mech) you can rack up a ton of money in no time.
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
Bob_Richter
05/26/02 08:25 AM

DefHes is a good solid investment. As soon as you scratch up a little money, invest. Then wait. Then buy more stock. Something like that.

Why d'ya want money anyway? It's pretty worthless as such things go, and far more fun to play the game without it.

-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
novakitty
05/26/02 11:52 AM

"Why d'ya want money anyway?"

To arm each member of the group with an inferno SRM launcher, and max-tweak each mech. The modified Centurion is almost as fun as the Chameleon (if you can sneak it past the Jenners)
meow
KamikazeJohnson
05/26/02 12:08 PM

>>The modified Centurion is almost as fun as the Chameleon<<

Where the heck do you get a Centurion (without hacking the game)? I spent hundreds of hours on that game, and all I saw were 20-tonners (aside from the Commando and Chameleon)
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
novakitty
05/26/02 02:54 PM

My mistake, I meant Commando (it has been a while since I last played, and I could not remember exactly which one it was)
meow
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 18 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 855

Contact Admins Sarna.net