MechAssault

Pages: 1
SoyBigHead
11/09/02 01:15 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
MechAssault is being released Tues. anyone but me planning on buying it and XBL?
"There are three types of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."
-Mark Twain
realworldviews
11/09/02 07:00 PM

I am. I already have it pre-ordered.
I bought an XBox for this game and Phantasy Star online when it come out.
Colonel Brian Davis
Gamers United
"Dreams become reality, for all who start off with a dream"
SoyBigHead
11/14/02 05:54 PM

Ya I just picked up my copy of MA today at Target. very fun. that being said, if you go into it expecting a serious mechwarrior sim, youll most likely be dissapointed. how ever, like i posted on the OT board, if you keep an open mind, you will most likely find it to be great amounts of fun.
-Mark Twain
realworldviews
11/15/02 09:41 AM

Yeah, it's a fun game. Unfortunately I have only been able to play it for about a hour siince I got it. Too much work.
But the weekend is near.
Colonel Brian Davis
Gamers United
SoyBigHead
11/17/02 05:09 PM

you should get xbox live to. its very fun, especially since most of the people on there really dont understand the concept of mechs. In "Not It" im already 304 out of X amount of people...
-Mark Twain
realworldviews
11/18/02 11:55 PM

I have gotten more time to play and it IS a fun game.
I am planning on getting XBox Live, I'm just going to wait a little longer until PSO comes out so I have more than one game to play.
Colonel Brian Davis
Gamers United
BatmanTWB
11/30/02 12:10 AM

Hey guys, I know this is a little off topic and all. I need help like no tommorow. I am in the Mission Wolf In Sheep's. I cannot seem to figure out how to complete the mission. I can get to the bridge, sometimes. Just that the damn uller keeps making it over the bridge before it blows and kills me off cause my armor is so low already. What should I do?
BatmanTWB

"Kill'em All, Let God Sort'em Out"

-J-
realworldviews
12/02/02 11:28 AM

All I can say for that mission is to run fast, don't worry too much about killing things and when you get to the bridge try to destroy it while the other mechs are still on it. It took me alot of trys just to get to the bridge and I got lucky because I was able to destroy 2 atlas and an uller when I blew the bridge.
Colonel Brian Davis
Gamers United
SSFSX17
12/02/02 06:44 PM

After playing it at my brother's place, as well as over XBL, all I can say is that it feels like some kind of shooting game where you can't kill everything all that quickly, you can't fire as often as you would like to because some 'mechs have heat problems, and where you can't maneuver as quickly as you would like. In other words, it's exactly what I expected of the MS approach to the MechWarrior series. It's not the best shooting game I've ever played by a long shot, but it is amusing enough for me to play it about 15 minutes to a half hour every day.

If you really want to make good use of your X-box, I'd reccomend Splinter Cell.
Lousy good-for-nothing mortals. Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.
Vapor
12/03/02 03:11 AM

I just saw the demo video for MechAssault the other day, and from what I saw, the graphics look pretty decent. I have a question about the LRM launchers, though. I saw numerous clips of 'Mechs running past the "camera", and the launchers were done in pretty good detail, complete with the tips of the missiles sticking out of the launchers slightly. My question is, how do they look when they launch? Can you still see the tips of the missiles in the launcher right after you fire them?
"For those about to rock, we salute you." - AC DC

"The evil that can come, from the heart of a man, must be answered in kind 'till it disappears, and we're safe." - Kansas
Eclipz
12/05/02 11:57 AM

I picked it up, pretty cool game...........although it's only Battletech in looks. The graphics are awesome!!

Scott
SoyBigHead
12/08/02 11:34 PM

i dunno cuz the view is from the back; however they do show the ventral slats on the back being opened so the exhaust can escape. at least on the madcat/timberwolf they do.
-Mark Twain
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4205

Contact Admins Sarna.net