MW5?

Pages: 1
Bob_Richter
07/26/02 06:27 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
and it will suck as bad as MW4 does, if not worse.
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
Bob_Richter
07/26/02 07:18 PM

Many people will dispute that with you.

I am not among them.

Still, I can see some changes I'd like to make to MW3...

They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
NathanKell
07/26/02 08:18 PM

Indeed; closest in gameplay, closest in construction.

Though we *reeeeally* need a floating reticle...
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
novakitty
07/26/02 09:09 PM

The fact that you had access to an infinite supply of every fusion engine up to the 400 rating (in both standard and XL versions) always seemed odd, but I do like the accurate, nit-picker friendly design screens.

Although a friend forgot to add ammo for some weapons the first time he tried to make his own design, he learned quickly.
meow
Bob_Richter
07/28/02 03:28 AM

...yes.

And something needs to be done about lag. I tried MW3 over the internet once and...I was shooting THROUGH everything with my lasers...

NathanKell
07/28/02 12:06 PM

I misspoke. I meant a reticle that floats around on its own, like, say, CounterStrike, Day of Defeat, the Rainbow Six series, etc., to simulate the miss-more-than-half-the-time mechanic of the board game.
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
NathanKell
07/29/02 07:53 PM

Yep. That's also closest to the novels, IIRC.

Or, differently, like in the Rainbow series, or DoD--where you only, roughly, know where the "spread" is; you never know *precisely* what you'll hit within that spread, just how large the spread is.
Thomas Jefferson
Ian
08/03/02 04:09 PM

Thats the only thing I find weird about BattleTech, but also sorta cool . How crappy the targeting systems are, I can just imagine the gripes from just normal PC gamers about how "dumb" it is how that these mechs computers cant figure out how to compensate for the bouncing around and how to stay on target. heh.
BrainBug
08/09/02 01:48 PM

That's right! lol! i think that in 3000+ years the targeting systems will be totaly accurate. Even today a modren tank can hit a flyin bird with it's 120 millimeter cannon while moving!
LOL!
ChalengerII
08/09/02 05:13 PM

On a training group prehapse but a battlefield is a totaly different situation.
NathanKell
08/09/02 05:28 PM

But by BT rules, there *is* no difference.
No matter how low the TN could be, you can't hit *anything* with a Small Laser beyond 90 meters, or a Large beyond 540.
Thomas Jefferson
Arufirm
09/30/02 08:30 AM

i think they should make an aerotech and one mechwarrior game. and then they should make server where you can join with aerotech and mechwarrior.
would be nice to operate with the help of air units.
but then there must be some big server for fights between Battallions.
but i think it will be a long time till something like that will be there
that what doesn´t kill us makes us stranger
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 21 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 1124

Contact Admins Sarna.net