Category pages

Pages: 1
eldrwyrm
04/03/11 01:37 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I am interested in setting up some category pages. In particular, pages that would sort combat vehicles by type (VTOL, Track, WiGE, etc) and also some not so obvious ones like vehicles with transport bays. However, I haven't been able to figure out how to do so. Admittedly, I am new to the development/editing side of BTW, but none of the templates are set up for this and and I haven't figured out how to view the source code. (I went in to the 'edit' of a couple of the category pages but the only showed the information for the text above the actual categories.)

Any help is appreciated.
FrabbyModerator
04/04/11 04:49 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
You don't need to set up a category, it happens automatically.
Here's how I do it: Just insert a category tag (c.f. [[Category:VTOL vehicles]]) into an article. The article will then include a redlink to that category. You can follow the redlink and it will even list all articles in the category correctly.
To turn the redlink into a bluelink, all you have to do is to edit the category page and add... something. Anything will do. What we usually do is a brief description of what the category is supposed to encompass.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3464

Contact Admins Sarna.net