http://www.sarna.net/wiki/BattleMech_Timetable

Pages: 1
Lilamma
01/11/18 08:41 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
uhh im kinda crap at html having almost zero xp in it but on this page
" sarna.net/wiki/BattleMech_Timetable "
there used to be a big list of all the mechs and there production dates, i was wondering if any one can work out why its not showing the massive table that used to be there and or how to fix it...

once again im useless :P
FrabbyModerator
01/15/18 05:46 PM

When did it work for you last?

According to that article's edit history, the last change was made in August 2017 and the last one before that in May 2016. Neither should have done anything to stop the code from working; the last change to the actual code was in February 2016.

If the code in the article used to work and doesn't work now then I suppose an update of the wiki software (as opposed to a change on the article) is the reason. But that is something Nic Jansma would have to answer.
ghostrider
01/15/18 10:28 PM

The following table displays every 'Mech that is on the BattleMechs Category page, which should be all of them. As properties are added to 'Mechs' pages, this table is automatically updated. By default, 'Mechs are listed in alphabetical order. By clicking the Sort.gif button, you can sort the list by the 'Mech's production, extinction, and reintroduction dates.

This is on the wiki, but no list was following it. Are you supposed to go to the category page to get the info?

Just rechecked. There is no listing under that heading, and sort button isn't in the category list. Sounds like maybe something in the auto update isn't showing the lists.

Edited by ghostrider (01/15/18 10:31 PM)
FrabbyModerator
01/16/18 07:28 AM

Quote:
This is on the wiki, but no list was following it. Are you supposed to go to the category page to get the info?

No, when you edit the page there is some "dead" code below that text portion:
{{#ask:[[Category:BattleMechs]]
|?Introduction Year
|?Production Year
|?Production Ceased
|?Extinction Era
|?Reintroduction Year
|format=table
|mainlabel=BattleMech Timetable
|offset=0
|limit=1000
}}

I don't know first-hand if this function ever worked, but the OP seems to indicate it did. In any case, it doesn't work now and it wasn't changed in years.
Nic JansmaAdministrator
01/25/18 10:37 PM

I looked into this a bit yesterday, and tried updating SematicMediaWiki and related plugins. Didn't seem to solve the issue. Might need a MediaWiki upgrade to fix it. I'm going to try to experiment more this weekend.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!
-- NicJ
Nic JansmaAdministrator
02/06/18 10:31 PM

All fixed now!
-- NicJ
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5336

Contact Admins Sarna.net