Archangels

Pages: 1
MacLeod
07/05/02 01:25 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Okay, Nightward brought this up in a 'Mech design back in February, but still: What were all of the Archangels, and what were their names? I'm not a Christian, so I have no idea...

Hmmm... Gabriel, Michael, Raphael, Uriel, Phanuel, Azmodai, Lawrence, and Domenic were the ones in Nightward's post (the ARC-X Michael). I could've sworn Azrael was a fallen angel...

But, hey, I've never even touched a Bible, except to get it out of a hotel drawer so I can fit my boxers in there.

Anyway, if someone can list me all of the Archangels and what their jobs were, I'll give them a cookie.

Just if you're asking, it's for my book.
Drugs don't kill people, pancreatic cancer kills people.

... and whoever heard of a drug that causes pancreatic cancer?
Durango
07/05/02 10:33 AM

You got that cookie ready?

God created nine orders of angels: Seraphim, Cherubim, Thrones,Dominations, Principalities, Powers, Virtues, Archangels, and Angels. Out of this order come the familiar seven Archangels which include Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, Uriel, Raguel (Raphael), Sariel, and Lucifer.

Anyway, I think Lucifer's job was to be in charge of all the angels (before he got kicked out).

Michael was supposed to be Archangel of Vengeance, and sometimes is shown with a flaming sword. (Also depicted as the Guardian of Paradise.)

Gabriel is also known as St. Gabriel, and his bag is redemption.

Raugel (Raphael) is in charge of the "spirits" of humans.

Sariel's role is not clearly defined, only as the "avenger upon the world of lights", or something like that.

Uriel's role is "leader of angelic hosts who guard the underworld" (Sheol, or Hades and Tartarus).

There is also mention of four others, which I'm not sure what they do or why they are mentioned:

Selathiel (Hebrew: "Request of God")
Berachiel (Hebrew: "Blessing of God"),
Phanuel (Hebrew: "Face of God")
Jegudiel (Hebrew:

Why don't you ask Warner?

Edited by Durango (07/05/02 10:58 AM)
Spartan
07/05/02 11:28 AM

Try searching on Catholic sites. Catholics have a much more detailed record of those sorts of things than what any of the Protestant denominations keep.

BTW, what's the book about?
Spartan

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty.

(I refer you to what Nightward said)
MacLeod
07/05/02 02:38 PM

The book is a big sci-fi thing, a mix of (technology wise) BT and Gundam. It's really your average space opera (read: kinda like Star Wars), but I'm throwing in a big thing at the end involving a sort of "holy war."

And the main character's 'Mech is called the Azrael, and it has a whompin' beam sword.

Nightward
07/05/02 08:22 PM

Michael: Arch-Angel of War. A Seraphim, he was the one who kicked Lucifer out of heaven and will be the one who kills Satan at the End of Time. Patron Saint of Soldiers, and a patron of the Church.

Gabriel: Arch-Angel of Fire. I think she is a Seraphim. God's messenger, and Patron Saint of Messengers.

Uriel: Arch-Angel of Purity. Said to have Fallen and was killed by Michael, or God.

Phanuel: Arch-Angel of Death. No more need be said, ja?

Lawrence: Arch-Angel of the Sword. Commander of Heaven's Armies and one of the Patrons of the Catholic Church. A Malikim.

Domenic: Arch-Angel of Judgement. Said to stand at the gates of Hell and plucks those who deserve a reprieve out of the lines.

Azmodai: Arch-Angel of Vengeance/Retribution. Beware!

Rahael: Don't remember.

Sariel: Read about him in a novel the other day. Don't know what he does.

Then, there are the In Nomine Arch-Angels.

Novalis- Flowers

Janus- wind

David- Stone

Marc- Children

Yves- Destiny

Blandine- Dreams

Khalid- Faith

There's also one of trade and one of Animals, but it's been so long since I played that game. The easy way to spot the made-up ones is that they don't end in 'el'. Apart from Azmodai...

I dunno. I looked into the Angels when I played In Nomine, but there are so many different ideas about the Who's Who in Heaven.

My group played as three Malikim. I was Azmodai, the others were Azrael and Ezekial. We found that three Arch-Angels had Fallen and were planning to hand Heaven over to the forces of Hell. Obviously, this was a *BAD* thing, so we set out to stop it. We tried to tell others, but we were cast down from Heaven for beng liars (despite the fact that we were Malikim) and had to find another way to stop them. It was a pretty cool campaign, and it ran for a while. Eventually, we thwarted their evil plot, and were elevated to the ranks of the Arch-Angels ourselves. I became Azmodai, Arch-Angel of Retribution, Azrael took over as Death, and Ezekial became Angel of Justice. Then we all retired and lived happily ever after. Almost. Sort of. Nearly.

If you have strong beliefs, In Nomine is not for you. If you have *ANY* beliefs, Sara Douglas is not for you. Ugh. In her nnovels, the Angels try to trap humanity into believing in them and enjoy tormenting us. Urgh. urgh. Urgh. She should be shot...

And, yea verily I said: Let the rambling cease.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
MacLeod
07/05/02 08:28 PM

Cool. Thanx.

Durango
07/08/02 02:47 PM

"And, yea verily I said: Let the rambling cease."

And lo, the rambling did cease.

And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the
lambs, and goats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and
lima bean-
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 11 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4191

Contact Admins Sarna.net