Uploading Files?

Pages: 1
thehawk
04/21/18 03:30 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Hello all, I noticed that all the links on the BattleMech Role page: (Category:BattleMech_roles) - point to sections that source the Classic BT Introductory Rules as a direct link that can't be downloaded: <ref name=CBTIR>''[[:File:CBT Introductory Rulebook.pdf|Classic BattleTech Introductory Rulebook]]'', pp. 51, 54</ref>

I do have this rule book and can provide it an upload, but should this even be direct linked? As far as I'm aware this is out of print.
AmaroqStarwind
04/21/18 09:40 PM

You probably shouldn't be distributing things that people are supposed to buy...
Discord: Amaroq the Kitsune#1092
Telegram: @Lycanphoenix
MechEngine (Alpha) -- On Hiatus

The Scientist Caste has determined that time travel is dishonorable.
thehawk
04/21/18 10:41 PM

The original Classic BT Introductory Rulebook (from the Classic Intro Boxset) is no no longer sold though and out of print. Much like the out of print "House" books: for example the original House Davion sourcebook is available to download for free: search "House Davion (The Federated Suns)" (link at the bottom)
FrabbyModerator
05/04/18 02:18 AM

The original Housebooks from the 1980s were deliberately released as free PDF scans by the IP holders. You may legally download them. Same goes for free promotional downloads offered by CGL.

That's not true for other products. Being out of print isn't a valid argument as it doesn't affect their copyright.
Nic JansmaAdministrator
05/09/18 09:10 AM

While they were released for free[1] by FanPro, CGL asked me to remove them since CGL is now also selling updated versions of them.

You can probably find them elsewhere, however.

[1] https://web.archive.org/web/200601170513...sbarchives.html
-- NicJ
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Frabby, BobTheZombie, Cray, Nic Jansma 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4134

Contact Admins Sarna.net