DropShips and JumpShips

Pages: 1
Silenced_Sonix
11/27/04 11:07 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I have a question for the people that know - where can I find all the detail concerning the DropShips and JumpShips used in CBT? Things like the weaponry and cargo capacities of the various DropShips, the armour and docking capabilities on the JumpShips, the difference between designs like Aerodyne and Spheroid, etc. If someone could refer me to a web-site, or perhaps an editor for experimenting, I would be deeply grateful. (Please do not tell me to get the TRO's - I live in South Africa, and there is no BattleTech market down here)
Evolve or Die
erewhon
11/27/04 01:59 PM

kazaa pdfs, bud.
Wolfgar
11/27/04 02:07 PM

Check out FanPro's site http://www.classicbattletech.com/cbt_home.html they have a lot of the info you need from TRO's still in print and out of print. The TRO with the data you want is TRO 3057(sadly I lent mine out and it never came back) which can be obtained from sources such as Ebay, which ships world wide hope any of this helps if not sorry
Arrows?....What arrows? I didn't even see the fricken Indians!
CrayModerator
11/28/04 10:42 AM

There's no need to turn into a damn thief when FanPro has authorized several websites to host Technical Readouts of vessels. FanPro itself is hosting several .pdfs of the old House Sourcebooks (not applicable to jumpships and dropships, but they're there if you want some background on 3025-era Houses).

Useful websites include:

http://www.battletecharchive.net/trbay.html

And more up-to-date, with authorized .pdfs to download:

http://www.mechground.com/Battletechdotca/TRO/Technical%20Readout%20Index.html
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Silenced_Sonix
11/29/04 04:08 PM

Thank you for the replies, I have found a very comprehensive site (if somewhat bothersome due to the foreign language - Russian or Hungarian, I think) that has helped a lot.
Evolve or Die
Silenced_Sonix
01/05/05 05:12 PM

Question: anyone know where I can get a program that would allow me to design DropShips?
Evolve or Die
Wraith
01/05/05 05:53 PM

Heavy Metal Aero works quite well.
-Wraith
Karagin
01/05/05 11:43 PM

Simple got to:

www.heavymetalpro.com

And order HEAVY METAL AERO from the site and you will have the offical design program and a lot of support and other stuff. Plus you get a mech designer and a Battlearmor designer as well one to make Vehicles and Protomechs.

Reasonable priced...roughly $28 to $30 and you normally get it in 6 days via the mail.

Well worth it and will keep you interested and having fun for years on top of the normal fun the game already is.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Silenced_Sonix
01/07/05 05:28 PM

Any free ones around? I live in South Africa, and buying stuff through the mail is not advisable for me. Will check it out though. Thank-ee.
Evolve or Die
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 44 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6900

Contact Admins Sarna.net