Some Ideas I am toying with

Pages: 1
Greyslayer
03/01/05 11:18 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Some friends of mine have over the past fews years played a fair bit using Maximum Tech rules on campaigns and such. Personally I don't mind many of the ideas, but perhaps the executions of the ideas in the form of game effecting rules needed to be 'tweaked' IMHO.

Below are a few of my ideas:

Vehicle gunners:- only add a maximum benefit of 1 (or basically offsetting cruise) instead of negating movement altogether. If the vehicle chooses to flank then it will only suffer a +1 penalty to hitting instead of the +2 for each gun with a dedicated gunner.

Glancing Blows:- Any hit can generate a glancing blow rather than the needing 12 to-hit and you roll it automatically makes it glancing etc. Under this method a third d6 (different colour etc) is rolled when location is rolled and if the result is a 1 then that particular hit (whether missile grouping, missile or slab weapon damage) is counted as a partial hit. Damage rounds down so if it is a single missile from a LRM rack it does no damage or a LBX cluster hit. Crits from ANY glancing blow are at -2 as usual, but it means a weapon doing no discernable damage can still damage critical components (taking out wires, ammo belts, crystals etc or sending a bit of armour that was already classed as destroyed to bounce around and damage the 'soft' components of the mech. Flooding or decompression only on a 12. Targetting locations are still counted for the use of glancing blows so roll a d6 if using a targeting comp and hit location etc

Any opinions on these?
villagereaver
03/11/05 09:24 PM

The Vehicle gunners idea is something similar to what we've been doing with the Dual cockpit BM rules. Making it an advantage, but not munchie. I have mixed feelings about the "chaos dice" in the glancing blows proposal. Mostly because my chaos die really hates me. I am thinking of using both in my campaign.
Death to all BT and MW authors. For they are the bane of all that is good about the genre!
Greyslayer
03/12/05 04:30 AM

Quote:

The Vehicle gunners idea is something similar to what we've been doing with the Dual cockpit BM rules. Making it an advantage, but not munchie.

The strengths of vehicles under level 3 play was such that they clearly outplayed mechs. Dedicated gunners + motive crit system + a very beneficial critical system certainly made them powerful.

Quote:

I have mixed feelings about the "chaos dice" in the glancing blows proposal. Mostly because my chaos die really hates me. I am thinking of using both in my campaign.

My plans are usually fantastic until dice rolls come into play. That being said, this was brought in to say that you have as much chance to glance a location as anyone else (otherwise playing level 3 with elite clan units are the only go really, and we have played level 1 is vs Clans under the old system).

Thanks for the input though.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 22 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5024

Contact Admins Sarna.net