Where do I begin?

Pages: 1
Tzu_Theory
03/27/05 04:52 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
The only experience I have with BT is through Neveron. I am looking to get into the RPG game and beyond. Where do I begin? The game system seems huge and there are also a lot of novels. If someone could point me in the right direction, it would be appriciated.

Regards,
~Tzu-Theory
-- Tzu
Brandx0
03/27/05 05:47 AM

Grab the 3rd Edition Mechwarrior book (or 2nd ed if you prefer)

take it from there.
CrayModerator
03/28/05 09:07 AM

Do you want to play the board game, with stomping battlemechs blowing each other up, or the roleplaying game that lets you get out of the mech?

Brandx0 addressed where to begin with the RPG.

For the boardgame, which seems to get more attention than the RPG, you want to start with the "Battletech Master Rules, Revised."
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Wraith
03/28/05 04:16 PM

I have been playing MW:2nd edition for somewhere around 8 years now. We use a big stack of house rules, but the core is the 2nd edition system. The big turn-off for us in 3rd edition was the Life Path stuff, and randomly getting disadvantages like Glass Jaw, lose limbs, be a coward in combat, etc... I prefer to have things like that thought up for your fluff, not imposed by the game.

I like MW:2nd with the MW Companion. We wind up using standard BT for most mech battles, and MW for dismount recon (always fun!).
-Wraith
Tzu_Theory
03/31/05 06:05 AM

excellent, I'm beginning to find places to begin in BT/MW =). I've been so caught up in every other major RPG system and wanted to get more knowledgable on BT/MW.

Thanks guys...
-- Tzu
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 18 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6676

Contact Admins Sarna.net