3025 Lifepath Suggestions

Pages: 1
MacLeod
05/18/05 09:16 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I seem to drag myself back to this board about once a year or so, don't I?

Anyway, I'm starting up a 3025 campaign in 3rd Edition, and I just about had an aneurism when I realized I have absolutely no clue what to do about the Lifepaths. I'm working with a couple of rookie players (one to just BT but with several years of *shudder* D&D experience, the other completely new to RPGs of any kind) and one guy with a game or two under his belt but who is more comfortable with less linear systems like White Wolf's, so I wanted to have the Lifepaths ready to go to make things easier for them.

Any suggestions as to what to do? Perhaps there are some 3025 'paths on the Internet somewhere? I'm kinda broke, so I'm not planning on buying any new sourcebooks (no matter how nifty the War of 3039 book looks). Should I just rewrite the Lifepaths in the MW3rdE, but keep all the skill points and such as written? Am I asking far too many questions at once for my first time back here in over a year?
Drugs don't kill people, pancreatic cancer kills people.

... and whoever heard of a drug that causes pancreatic cancer?
Greyslayer
05/19/05 01:27 AM

Personally I would avoid anything to do with 3rd Ed, but that is just me. For me battletech/mechwarrior is about battlemechs and associated environs not - Phobia: Tinned Ham or some such rot.

That being said I haven't seen much info on this but perhaps you might be better off looking at the periphery lifepaths as these may simulate a close idea to the 3025 period.
MacLeod
05/19/05 03:01 AM

Although Phobia: Tinned Ham would be interesting to exploit as a GM, I'd like to think my players would be a bit more realistic in their character developments.
Thanks for the tip about the Periphery paths, though, I'll take a look at those later this evening.

Any other suggestions?
Drugs don't kill people, pancreatic cancer kills people.

... and whoever heard of a drug that causes pancreatic cancer?
CrayModerator
05/19/05 08:40 AM

Quote:

Any suggestions as to what to do? Perhaps there are some 3025 'paths on the Internet somewhere? I'm kinda broke, so I'm not planning on buying any new sourcebooks (no matter how nifty the War of 3039 book looks).

The CBT:Companion, which you don't seem intent on buying, has a point-based method of generating MW3 characters so no lifepaths are involved. It should make character creation easier for the players.

Personally, if the CBT:Companion had been released sooner, I wouldn't avoid MW3 like the plague. As it is, I've adopted Shadowrun's rules (rather similar to MW2 in some ways, but more familiar to my players.)
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.

Edited by Cray (05/19/05 08:43 AM)
wolfcannon
10/15/05 01:14 PM

whats wrong with AD&D? Ive been playing AD&D since i was 18. then crossed over to battletech when i was 25.
Clan Wolf in Exile
328th Assault Cluster(the Lion Hearted)
Bravo Trinary
Alpha Star
Star Captain James Sword
shadowrnnr
05/13/06 07:25 PM

Quote:

Although Phobia: Tinned Ham would be interesting to exploit as a GM, I'd like to think my players would be a bit more realistic in their character developments.
Thanks for the tip about the Periphery paths, though, I'll take a look at those later this evening.

Any other suggestions?

Tinned Ham I can find uses for... Now Phobia: Spam, however, that would be evil.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 11 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 8786

Contact Admins Sarna.net