Jihad Book is out in PDF format.

Pages: 1
Karagin
06/06/05 05:29 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Dawn of the Jihad
For those who are interested the book Dawn of the Jihad is out via PDF over at BATTLECORP's website. You get a discount if you are member. As for when it's in book format and out for the rest of the BT world, I don't know beyond it might be after Origins.

Enjoy.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
CrayModerator
06/07/05 08:19 AM

The hard copy version will be released at Origins.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Toontje
06/07/05 09:09 AM

I prefer paper... easier reading.
Rather to blow up, then.
CrayModerator
06/07/05 12:24 PM

Quote:

I prefer paper... easier reading.

Yeah, ditto. I'm holding out for paper.

But I've found the search function for .pdfs to be a great tool when you're trying to look up some obscure reference or rule.

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Karagin
06/07/05 04:28 PM

True that can be helpful, but then again know how to use a book to find things is still a very useful skill to learn or have.
Karagin

CrayModerator
06/07/05 04:33 PM

Quote:

True that can be helpful, but then again know how to use a book to find things is still a very useful skill to learn or have.

Yeah, definitely. The search function is mostly useful for obscure stuff you haven't touched for years or when you need to find something quickly.

Karagin
06/07/05 05:15 PM

At a price most of us would rather pay for the paper book.
Karagin

Toontje
06/07/05 05:18 PM

The excistence of original pdf's is a very good extra tho, for regions where there are few paper copies availlable due to no market for them, or the OOP's that won't be returned..
Rather to blow up, then.
Karagin
06/07/05 08:44 PM

It is a good thing, but a lot of would rather have the book format.

Matter of taste and all that.
Karagin

CrayModerator
06/08/05 03:04 PM

Quote:

It is a good thing, but a lot of would rather have the book format.

Matter of taste and all that.

Yup. The book's coming out ASAP, at the end of the month, and then everyone can be happy.

Edited by Cray (06/08/05 03:10 PM)
Karagin
06/08/05 11:17 PM

Happy maybe...but given that the it's the book aka the printed media that is the main part seen by the shop owners and such wouldn't it be better to have the PDFs aviable after the books come out as not to take away from sales of the book? Or does that make to much sense for those running the PR department at FP?
Karagin

CrayModerator
06/09/05 08:44 AM

As I've heard, .pdf's have done nothing but improve sales. The .pdfs are proving to be an effective marketing tool for the hard copies.

Edited by Cray (06/09/05 09:00 AM)
Karagin
06/09/05 09:44 AM

That maybe, but if I can get book via PDF three weeks before I can get the hard copy why would I buy the hard copy? Or vise versa?

Would be curious to see the actual non-bias figures on how well PDFs do versus books.
Karagin

CrayModerator
06/09/05 12:00 PM

Quote:

That maybe, but if I can get book via PDF three weeks before I can get the hard copy why would I buy the hard copy? Or vise versa?

I can see that logic and it's what I think of everytime I hear about another damn peer-to-peer .pdf trading website, but I've heard the .pdf's are helping sell the hard copies. They seem to be a good marketing aid.

Wraith
06/09/05 12:51 PM

If I like a book that I see in PDF, I sure will buy it in hardcopy. Books cam be taken places, since I refuse to buy a laptop a PDF can't be brought with me. I also like to see all my BT books lined up on my bookshelf, can't do that with a PDF.
-Wraith
Karagin
06/09/05 01:13 PM

Sorry all I see is lost sales of the book, thus when a store won't carry BT because they know it can be gotten cheaper else were or with less hassel aka waiting for the next thing, then I won't support something like this. I may not buy every thing my local gaming store, but I will stop and drop a money twice a month or so on things just to help out and by buying PDFs all I am doing is hurting the place to have and meet new players.
Karagin

Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 209 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 8756

Contact Admins Sarna.net