Archer's Avengers

Pages: 1
Thor_Mech
05/08/05 02:13 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Just kinda wondering, I've been reading the novels on the end of the FedCom Civil War again, and I realized something... I found no mention of Archer's Avengers in Endgame. I know they went to the Lyran Alliance to fend off the Jade Falcon incursion... then they fell off the face of the universe. If anyone knows what happened to them, it'd be appreciated. ^^
"Even after all these years, walking through the ranks of 'Mechs still gives me the chills"
- Intelligence Secretary Justin Xiang Allard
Outreach, 21, Sept 3051
Nightward
05/08/05 06:24 AM

Archer Christofori goes off with Adam Steiner to single-handedly end the Jade Falcon incursion.

You know he's going to win, because he's called Archer Christofori :rolleyes:

Adam briefly considers re-taking Sommerset, but after a crisis of faith, realises that his duty is to his nation of birth and that sometimes you have to accept that life just sucks. At this point, the evil Lyran recants his opposition to Prince Victor and joins the MITEY ALLIANCE AGAINST KATRINA!!111.

Archer's Avengers are later involved in mopping up resitance. I think they did make it to New Avalon, but too late or too mauled to do much.

In case you can't tell, I don't really like AA's, nor the Sommerset Strikers (or Lyran Guard or whatever the hell Adam was calling his mob). The books were well written, but the plot and characters were dumb. It was as though the BT staff had told the authors: "We need to see XYZ in this story arc. So MAKe. IT. HAPPEN."

They did, and they're quite readable, but the same result could have been obtained by filling each page with:

4RCH3R CHR1570F0RI1 PWNS 411, N3W8!11 PR1NC3 V1C7OR 15 T3H R173FU11 R3W13R!!!11. PH34R!!11
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Silenced_Sonix
05/08/05 03:05 PM

Yeah, Christifori was just too good to be real. They would probably have had it revealed later that he was ex-Clan or something stupid like that.
Evolve or Die
phoenix
05/10/05 12:53 PM

Archer's Avengers did make it to New Avalon in time to participate in the final battle to overthrow Katherine. They initially acted as a diversionary force to allow Victor's forces an easier chance of reaching Avalon Island. It was detailed about in the story "The Longest Road" by Blaine Lee Pardoe and published on Battlecorps.
Phoenix
Silenced_Sonix
05/12/05 08:16 AM

Well, correct me if I am wrong, but was the entire Archer Christfori character not created by Pardoe? Should be fitting that he close the chapter.
Evolve or Die
tbird89
06/14/05 08:04 PM

no, archer was made by loren .l coleman, and i think archer was pretty cool, and what was unbelievable? he waged a guerilla war most of the time, some of it was kinda corny i admit ( operation robinhood) but it mostly made sense.
why? becuase. jesus told me to. and you wanna know something else that jesus told me? he said that everytime it rains, it's becuase god is crying over something u did. because god hates you.
so does superman
Nightward
06/16/05 09:19 AM

Archer was a plot device. There's a difference between believably good characters (Anastasius Focht, Theodore Kurita) and freakshows like Kai Allard-Liao and Victor "I WIN!" Steiner-Davion.

No matter what odds he goes up against (such as the entirety of Clan Jade Falcon), luck always goes in his favour. Nothing can stop him.

He is the Ninja of the new age.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 123 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 7730

Contact Admins Sarna.net