[MUSE/MUX] Memories and Thank You

Pages: 1
Ethaniel
08/03/04 02:54 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Thanks for keeping everything alive. Just stopped by the chuchico muse and more research found this place.

And thank you for the acknowledgements. It is appreciated

And to those who asked how to set up a new one. Well I haven't a clue considering I haven't seen the source code since I think 92

Ethaniel
Macros/Coms/Maps/Mechs/... Well Guzzers bi-atch.

(My first experience of Users requiring things they really really had no concept of how hard it really was)

Edited by Ethaniel (08/03/04 02:55 PM)
GaretJax
10/12/04 06:22 PM

Ethaniel.. there is a blast from the past. I, too, just came back into the scene because I had 2 nice PC's sitting at my house and decided to load the old 65 code onto it. Yes it is still MUSE.. yes I have MUX code (1.6) but that DB is blank.. and well.. I just wanted to sim with some people and offer a site that is just the old 3065.

Et.. thanks for all the great work you did. I even have the old 56 base that you and Guzzer gave me to start out with.. that was some time ago.. heh.. I miss the old OOC sims and Rhonda Snord ripping them up on 56;)

I hope DrBob and Guz are doing great!

What was t.. oh yea.. Kerensky.. or something like that.. the guy that gave me 4th Tau Ceti Rangers, I think they were in some faction called Siam or CC or something.. that was a blast;)

I have never been into the board games.. but I do love the online ones!

For anyone bored.. we are going to put "A" 65 back up.. we may need to rebuild 65 into MUX code.. as I do not have a working copy of the 3065 MUX, but we have a working copy of 3065 MUSE and a working copy of GOOD MUX code.. so all help is appreciated!

Connect and contact us at 66.25.160.4 3065

Garet Jax
Garet Jax
AKA GJ
AKA John Matrix
AKA Rhonda Snord
GiovanniBlasini
11/02/04 12:12 AM

Talk about blasts from the past.

Garet, how hard is it to load the code onto a Windows box (2K Pro, 2K Server, or 2K3 Server)?

BTW, I just signed up with btech-online.org and started playing, as did Shabu Shima, Valari Yamamoto, & Korran Da'Quack.

Kinda funny how the MUSE/MUSH thing is making a comeback, isn't it?
Member of the Pundit Caste
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." -- Col. Saul Tigh, BSG2003
Kelvin
04/25/05 12:34 AM

Comeback? It never died off It just went into hiding kinda. Things are a bit grim right now since there are only two sites open but I'm hoping that'll change in the future. We're working on documenting the big heap of code that makes BTMuxs possible and hope that eventually people will be able to set one up and get them running without beating their heads in with large blunt objects.

And btw, the Frontier lost btech-online.org due to a domain expiration. Until the name leaves redemption period, we're over at btmux.com. It sucks but I'd rather wait a while rather than fork out $150+ to renew it while it's in redemption.
Real-time Online Battletech at its best:
http://btmux.com
Sheridan
05/14/05 05:08 AM

Yea i'm tryign to start one just tryng to find code to help setup Towers and such. Just want to check out some code to get an idea how it is done. For any code someone offers me i am willing to pay $$ for code.

So if anyone wants to take me up on the offer bill@williamwheatley.com
Kelvin
06/29/05 06:38 PM

The codebase is available for free at http://docs.btmux.com under the HardCode section.
Real-time Online Battletech at its best:
http://btmux.com
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 70 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 7729

Contact Admins Sarna.net