Campaign Ideas

Pages: 1
Rorahusky
06/22/05 05:50 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I just had an interesting idea for a possible BT/MW campaign. Rather than being House Troops, mercenaries, or Clanners... the PCs are Pirates from the Bandit Kingdoms.
Wraith
06/22/05 07:41 PM

That would be fun. Salvage is even more precious than normal. For a while the PCs could get away with it, facing mostly vehicle garrisons, but eventually a lance of house mechs would get sent to take them out... I like it!
-Wraith
MacLeod
06/23/05 12:50 AM

I've had a similar idea myself, although I wound up narrowing it down to a single character and his backstory...
Anyone interested in hearing about it? I don't want to go off on a rant with no audience.
Drugs don't kill people, pancreatic cancer kills people.

... and whoever heard of a drug that causes pancreatic cancer?
Sesshomeru
07/15/05 03:07 PM

I want to hear it.
With each kill I grow wiser and with that knowledge I grow stronger.
-Artemis Entreri
religon
09/03/05 06:47 PM

1) A campaign set before the founding of the Star League with lost (read: crappy) Mech designs.
2) Representatives of a corporation in a corporate war.
3) On-planet conflict between two rival warlords (Barons) like the Lincoln County War.
4) Dimplomatic Corps from the Terran Hedgemony sent to the DC to convice them to join the to-be-established Star League. Many DC mechwarriors/noblemen require duels prior to negotiation.
5) Elite criminal detectives fighting mech-armed organized crime in the streets of a war-torn Inner Sphere urban jungle.
6) Players start as group of rednecks with industrial mechs when planet invaded by Steiner. Fend off invaders, take their mechs and dropship, take revenge.
7) Revolutionaries on backwater planet without frontline Mechs. Civil War fought with exo-skeletons, hovercraft, and machine guns.
8) Mech Roller Derby/Pod Racing: Single Elimination tournament set of Solaris VII where each team races around a track for cash and prizes. Physical combat allowed. Off-track action of intrigue and betrayal.
9) Rival Liao Warrior Houses compete for honors.
10) Fake mercenary company in 3036 acting on orders from Terra.
Silenced_Sonix
09/07/05 04:42 PM

Explain 6) , please.
Evolve or Die
religon
09/07/05 05:58 PM

Number Six

After a hard day of chopping trees and dragging them to the spaceport Tom-Bob, Bubba, Lucy-May, and Crazy Harold go into town to spend the weeks wages at "The Knothole Roadhouse". After a few barfights and hovercraft chases, they end up in the pokey to dry out. The morning hangover is interupted by a FWL Emergency Broadcast. Steiner forces have moved on 5 border worlds with poor defences....including the planet the rednecks are on. After making bail and going back to the logging camp listening to the Drive By Truckers, our heroes decide that they will join the militia rather than allow the Lyran's to take the planet without a fight. How many LRM10's can be welded onto a LoggerMech?

After 3-4 winning battles, Crazy Harold salvages a Zeus with a mostly working engine. Lucy-May is now piloting a one-armed Phoenix Hawk. Bubba has bolted an Archer torso to a tank chassis. And Tom-Bob still has his trusty old ForestryMech with the PPC and chainsaw. Our heroes decide to go David Allen Coe on a small band of Lyran armor. Yee-haw!

Tragedy strikes shortly after Crazy Harold utters those famous last words, "Hey ya'll! Watch this."
religon
09/07/05 08:46 PM

11) Similar idea to number 4...Star League era Gunslingers fighting duels with the Dracs.
12) Humanitarian mission to distressed planet embroiled in civil war (3 factions). So the noble Steiner do-gooders, displace local nobility faction, Comstar, the leftist rebels, and the theocratic factions all have interst in the planet until the pirates land to exploit the unrest.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 69 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 8242

Contact Admins Sarna.net