Mechwarrior 3 problem..

Pages: 1
LordChaos
09/24/05 10:30 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
The game is locking up on me in-mission. different point each time though, but about once a mission it stops responding.

Ideas?
Real mechwariors pilot IS mechs.
coldwave
12/16/05 04:54 PM

I was dealing with a similar, but different problem recently. For me, Mechwarrior would run okay in a mission for about 3 minutes, and then it'll crash to desktop. Ended up fixing it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the program. Happened again, and found out the reason was my Antivirus was updating while I was in game, and this aparently Fubar'd a file. So, if you have auto-updates on your antivirus, you might try changing the time in addition to reinstalling.

BTW, if you're using an ATI card, I'd recommend using Catalyst 4.7. Seems to work pretty good with older games. Dunno about Nvidia.

- coldwave
XIBIOUS
06/11/06 11:52 AM

Man problems with MW3, brings back memories ..

As per the developers at the time, manny issues could be resoved from CLEAN reinstalls, meaning you remove the game completely even delete the directory, and I used to go into regedit and delete anything left there as well, then reinstall.

Check any newsgroups on MW3 there are a couple out there that will be able to help as well.

Many issues with MW3, the 4 in 1 drivers had a huge issue with the 3rd patch, cost me a Harley ...

Check with newsgroups made up for your hardware as well, vid card, sound card, mobo etc, there could be a conflict there as well.

Sorry I couldnt be more help, but its been a few yrs since I even fired up MW3 ... too many bad memories of that patch ...
X
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 16 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4766

Contact Admins Sarna.net