AOL Discs

Pages: 1
tranzoandris
10/14/05 08:03 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Many people wonder of the uses of the apparently useless AOL Discs. AOL has literally gone postal. I have with me at this moment an AOL disc for latino users. No one in my town even speaks spanish. So I proposed a poll to see what is the use of an AOL Disc.
What should AOL discs be used for?
You may choose only one
Coaster
Frisbee (tm)
Shingling the roof
I like having Lucifer's web browser!
Other (see post)

Votes accepted from (10/14/05 07:03 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

"The lightning is a lone warrior. It strikes down all without care of what it hits. Just think what a controled army of lightning could do!"
-Undiscovered Journal of Konda in Kamigawa

Try the promo code "Swift is the wind"!
Kanil
10/14/05 10:40 PM

Parts from an old playstation and flashlight combine to make an excellent way to fling AOL disks relatively long distances overland.
"The better news is that we are outnumbered, four to one."
- Clanners, and their whacked view of the world.
tranzoandris
10/14/05 10:47 PM

Cool. Is there instructions on the web?
"The lightning is a lone warrior. It strikes down all without care of what it hits. Just think what a controled army of lightning could do!"

tranzoandris
10/15/05 01:49 AM

Whoops. Guess Protoman(tm) was right. AOL disks sure are too flimsy to shingle a house with. Mine didn't survive even a book on top of it.

Bonus points for whoever knows where Protoman(tm) said this.

Wraith
10/15/05 09:03 AM

I use AOL discs (or misburned CDs) for painting palettes. Not overly exciting, but a legitimate, practical suggestion.

I also want to try to use the coating for armor on a Space Marine tank.

Or, simple burning is fun to watch
-Wraith
Chameleon
10/16/05 12:24 AM

LMAO, I use them for the same thing (except, I'm painting guard units, the true backbone of the Imperium)
You know when it comes to racism, people say: " I don't care if they're black, white, purple or green"... Ooh hold on now: Purple or Green? You gotta draw the line somewhere! To hell with purple people! - Unless they're suffocating - then help'em.
Greyslayer
10/17/05 06:13 PM

Sounds familiar to the 'triffid gun'.

It has also been said that a CD placed in the microwave are a spectacle. I do not suggest you do this for safety concerns but it has been done.
Bardock_Davion
08/16/06 05:34 AM

The microwave is an excellent place to put these wonderful AOL discs. Aluminum foil is cooler but you have to buy that. I have seen the discs used as wall decoration at Christmas. I think using the discs as frisbees is more dangerous than putting them in the microwave, especially when they hit a wall and shatter. What I would really like to do with AOL discs is go back in time and give them to cavemen and see what they do with them.
Long Live the Davion Blood Line!
Fang
09/08/06 02:16 PM

Do these still come in the mail, bulk style? I haven't received one in over a year. My kids would grab em and use them like ninja weapons until caught, or until something broke.
One by one, the rabbits are stealing my sanity.....
JackGarrity
09/22/06 01:29 AM

hehe.. if you get mail, your likely to get at least 2 a month. I ended up with aorund 30 of them in a month while moving form one address to another. they work good for disposable shaken too.
Greetings Mechwarrior.
NewPharoah_Max
12/29/06 12:31 PM

How about as wheels for toy covered wagons? Not that I've done that but it's an idea.
Greetings to you too.

Edited by NewPharoah_Max (12/29/06 12:32 PM)
GundamMerc
04/15/09 09:39 AM

i would use them as a gigantic mirror to catch stuff on fire
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 26 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 10821

Contact Admins Sarna.net