mattasand
05/16/06 02:46 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Post deleted by Nic Jansma
Greyslayer
05/16/06 08:39 PM

pyramid scheme anyone?

I expect this rubbish to be deleted fairly quickly.

Either that or the subtle difference in http address is actually a mock account designed to steal the $5. *shrug*

always use the correct homepage to start with (rather than those claiming to be the 'secure' ones) and never follow the instructions of unsolicited emails or spam. Anything that is too good to be true usually is.
Greyslayer
05/17/06 06:29 PM

I sent this tripe to a financial adviser friend here in Australia.

Quote:

Just did some work on that scam post. If it can change $5 to $15,000 in 30 days, then that $15,000 at the same return for another 30 days is $45 Million.

The earliest I could track the original e-mail was from August 2001. If this really worked, then over 4+ years, the person who started it would have more than the entire world's GDP, millions of times over.

These types of claims in the original post are in fact illegal by federal law in Australia. I'm pretty sure such claims are also illegal in the US as well but you never know. Much like the famed Nigerian Scam or if that isn't familiar do some research on Ponzi Scams which is a type of pyramid scheme which will collapse in on itself once the few who started it had ripped off a majority of the moneys of those on the lower rungs.
KamikazeJohnson
05/19/06 12:57 AM

It's pretty clear how this works, and yes, it's probably illegal unless there's a loophole.

It's a classic Ponzi scam...people at the bottom send money to those at the top, and everyone makes tons of money as long as it keeps growing, but once the suckers have all seen it, it stops growing, and those at the bottom lose out (which is why it's generally illegal).
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 17 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5684

Contact Admins Sarna.net