woo this place is still around?

Pages: 1
SoyBigHead
06/25/06 03:45 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
wow.

i was just surfing the net and i came across this place... lot more members than i remember

who was that person that loved the carolina hurricanes? bet theyre happy!

what's been up with BT? i havent paid any attention for many many years (been off getting that college education/living real life & making friends and such)

hehehe after all that $5 says no one will remember me anyways soooooo
"There are three types of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."
-Mark Twain
Venom
06/25/06 04:08 AM

Wrong! I remeber when you changed your user name to SoyBigHead. I used to post under WildWeasel when Aidan Pryde was here before he got the boot. I just started coming back here a few days ago. What a coincidence.
SoyBigHead
06/25/06 05:42 AM

oh im not back; just poking around and saying what's up. too busy with life and trying to retain my german over summer, lest i get my *censored* kicked in fall, amongst other things. plus, honestly, i hardly remember anything about BT, other than the main characters names and some of the mechs in the video games...on to "bigger, better things" now i suppose.

but while im posting, if anyone is still seeking the battletech cartoons:

http://vertx.ca/mechwarrior/battletech_series/

some are excellent cuts, others not so excellent but eh it's the entire series...
"There are three types of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."
-Mark Twain

Edited by SoyBigHead (06/25/06 05:44 AM)
Karagin
06/25/06 01:34 PM

Wow...now we are really bring up old times...
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
sdog
06/27/06 05:55 PM

omfg!
i never expected the series to be so bad! the story is not so important, and sounds quite like the one in mw4. it's bt after all.

but the animation of the mechs is horrible! especially the primitive computer animations, labeled 'enhanced visuals' is bad cheating. it's just done to safe costs for drawing staff.

Macross set a quality standard this is so far from meeting.

sorry, for this rant, i usually don't be so harsh, and i don't want to flame.

I realised soon that the fun part of playing a military game is that we have lots of lifes and in the end knowone dies, ...

- Skaven, ArmA modding community
Karagin
07/06/06 08:30 AM

Macross did set a standard, and some shows have come close to that, but the Battletech cartoon wasn't one of them.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
sdog
07/07/06 03:03 PM

hm, i've been unfairly critical maybe...
but i'm only used to the macross standard, the only other cartoon series i watched was Cowboy Bebop, wich set the standard even higher.

I realised soon that the fun part of playing a military game is that we have lots of lifes and in the end knowone dies, ...

- Skaven, ArmA modding community
tgsofgc
07/15/06 10:49 AM

I DLed the cartoon via torrent a while back and gosh is it hideously bad. The animation is disgusting, in a way reminiscent of GI Joe or Chuck Norris's Karate Kommandos, inter spliced with cuts to computer animation that is extremely primitive. Most of the voice acting is also quite bad, with syncing to characters lips being virtually non existent. Worst of all the shows break down as follows without any variation:

1. Let go __________ to liberate my planet.
2. Wise crack by aerospace pilot, horribly unfunny.
3. Meet a new character.
4. Battle, mechs barely move cut to awful computer animation for the next 15 mins
5. Some lesson learned.
6. Awful joke by Captain or Aerospace pilot.
7. Ominous set up for next show.

Of the shows run time 2/3rds is spent in the battle wich is unexciting and rendered in hideous looking computer animation the kind that makes you wish it was just the regular disgusting animation of the show itself. The other 1/3rd of the show is generally divided between reminding you they don't have a real writer and trying to emulate the comic stylings of Orko from He-man.
I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used.
-Commander Nathaniel Klepper,
Avanti's Angels, 3058
Celt
07/24/06 03:52 PM

Sorry guys, but you're judging a 11 year old childrens cartoon by todays standards(consciously or not).
Chameleon
09/21/06 07:26 PM

Dude, Macross is 24 years old.
You know when it comes to racism, people say: " I don't care if they're black, white, purple or green"... Ooh hold on now: Purple or Green? You gotta draw the line somewhere! To hell with purple people! - Unless they're suffocating - then help'em.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 16 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 8848

Contact Admins Sarna.net