What is Project Phoenix?

Pages: 1
Venom
07/01/06 04:36 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I was surfing and I came upon a 3055 revised in adobe, but it was just a preview. What does it contain that my older copy does not? Have all the TROs been redone? The S7 'mechs seem interesting, but if all the TROs have been revised, I am going to be annoyed. BTW, What is TRO:Phoenix?

Sorry to once again show my ignorance to current CBT affairs, but there it is.
sdog
07/01/06 05:14 PM

i asked myself the same question yesterday. I've seen pictures of some very deformed 3025 mechs titled phoenix.
Venom
07/01/06 05:24 PM

Well, I just ordered it with my credit card. We will se in 7-10 buisness days. I couldn't even find it on the CBT site, so I got it at Amozon. I'll probly also pick up the AT2 TRO:3057 since my BS copy is MIA. Apparently it has a bunch of designs that were in fiction, but never TROs. TRO:3055 has some S7 stuff, so that is on my list. 3050 and 3058 apparently have some new art, possibly variants, but also some combat histories and pilot bios, so I will get them eventualy. After that, I am not sure. The mercs supplementals are high on the list. And I never did pick up FM:Periphery so I need that to complete the collection.
LordChaos
07/01/06 05:53 PM

Project Phoenix is Fanpro's way to reintroduce the Unseen. New artwork was commisioned for the unseen, with new 3055+ era upgrade stats. I think I have all the art somewhere.
Real mechwariors pilot IS mechs.
CrayModerator
07/01/06 08:11 PM

Quote:

I was surfing and I came upon a 3055 revised in adobe, but it was just a preview. What does it contain that my older copy does not? Have all the TROs been redone? The S7 'mechs seem interesting, but if all the TROs have been revised, I am going to be annoyed. BTW, What is TRO:Phoenix?

Phoenix re-introduces the Unseen as the Reseen, those "deformed" mechs that sdog mentioned, updated to higher tech stats. Phoenix wasn't the smoothest way to handle the unseen IMO - it would've been better to just retcon them to the new appearance. Phoenix left the old unseen as unseen.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
LordChaos
07/01/06 09:18 PM

while I am of the opinion that the "unseen" mechs for the most part looked better then the reseen, I have to say the reseen Shadowhawk and Wolverine minis both look quite good, and the reseen rifleman isn't that bad of a mini ether.
Real mechwariors pilot IS mechs.
Venom
07/12/06 07:35 PM

I just got it in the mail, and I am disapointed. Now I am eagerly awaiting the upgraded 3055. I am sure the Solaris 'mechs will be fun to play with on game night.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 26 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6605

Contact Admins Sarna.net