Kinda disapointed...

Pages: 1
Venom
07/18/06 10:12 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Bought Solaris Mappack and the maps are awesome, but the accompanied book leaves much to be desired. The weapons suck. I would have thought that there would be rules for creating a stable. For the love of God they did not even list how much a fight could pay! Only that your warrior gets X% per fight and Y a month. Those things could have gone a long way towards making the role-playing more detailed. Rules for sponserships, endorsement deals, all would have made the game so much better. Plus the rules for unit customization are stupid. With enough money you can do anything on S7.
Karagin
07/19/06 12:00 PM

Do you happen to have Solaris Reaches? Some of the info you want is in that book. Not sure if all of it there but it could be a place to start.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Greyslayer
07/19/06 12:20 PM

I don't remember much in the way of useful information in the Solaris Reaches book?
Venom
07/19/06 11:58 PM

I don't have it so I will probly pay out the nose for a nice copy on ebay.
CrayModerator
07/20/06 08:58 AM

Quote:

Bought Solaris Mappack and the maps are awesome, but the accompanied book leaves much to be desired.

It was a map pack. The book was just a bit of bonus material thrown in. It wasn't meant to be a thick sourcebook on running a Solaris stable.

Quote:

The weapons suck.

Yes. The arenas are more glam and flash than well-designed weaponry.

Though I thought the battlemech hargel system, UMUs, and a few other items were alright.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Striker
07/20/06 11:03 PM

I have the mappack you have and the book, I don't have it with me right now since I am at work... But I do work tomorrow night so I will bring it in and go through it since I will have nothing better to do..

I think there was a thing in there about making a stable, but I'm not sure.

I also have the original Solaris VII book from the original box set, I will look in that.

If I find the info I will post it here to help you out.

On an off note..

Cray I love your quote, I actualy just finished watching that episode...
Striker
07/24/06 01:24 AM

I didn't find my old Solaris VII book, but if you are using Mechwarrior 3rd Ed, then get the Mechwarrior's Guide to Solaris VII. It does tell how to start a Stable or Co-op.

I will type it up here in alittle bit.
Striker
07/24/06 03:16 AM

Ok...

First one of the players will need the Patron Trait: 2/4/6/8/10

Points: Patron: Wealth (C-Bills) Mechs Number/ Points Status
2 Poor 100,000 2/(8) 1
4 Average 1,000,000 4/(16) 2
6 Well-to-do 5,000,000 8/(32) 3
8 Wealthy 10,000,000 16/(64) 4
10 Sinfully Wealthy Unlimited 32/(128) 5

The number in the brackets stands for points towards the mechs.

2 for a light Mech, 4 for a medium, 6 for a heavy and 8 for an assault. So the (8) could mean you can buy 1 Assault or 4 lights etc....

Creating a Stable:
To create a stable, one or more of the characters must have the Patron Trait (p.8) The 'Mechs column of the Patron Table indicates the number of 'Mechs owned by the stable and lists the number of points available for the purchase of specific designs. These points should be spent as with Vehicles Trait (p. 88, MW3) to determine the tonnage of the BattleMechs (i.e., 2 points for a light 'Mech, 4 for a medium, 6 for a heavy and 8 for an assault).
Players may opt to spend 1 point less on each 'Mech to acquire a damaged 'Mech (exact status at the gamemaster's discretion). At least 2 points (1 if damaged) must be spent on each 'Mech in the stable. These 'Mechs are in addition to thos already assigned to or owned by player characters through purchase of the Vehicle Trait. After determining its weight, roll 2D6 for each BattleMech and compare the results with the appropriate vehicle Assaignment Table for the patron's faction (see pp. 90-94, MW3).
The stable is assumed to have at least one tech for each 'Mech, but few stables have exactly matching numbers of MechWarriors and BattleMechs. The gamemaster must decide the number of additional NPC MechWarrior in the stable, though usually the total number of pilots is the number of 'Mechs + 15 percent. In addition, there will be one member of administrative staff per ten MechWarriors/techs.

Cooperative:
Cooperatives are much simpler to form without outside help. All that is required are a collection of pilots and BattleMechs owned solely or in part by the pilots (having the Vehicle Trait alone is insufficient). However, the Character Points for these traits must be born solely by the members of the cooperative--usualy players but the gamemaster may choose to create additional NPC pilots. Furthermore, the players must have the finacial resources to pay any bills, entry fees, license fees and so forth. Cooperatives may begin play with their own technitians by paying one month's wages (between 500 and 2,000 C-bills, depending on skill and experience).

I hope all of that helped... if you need any more information please just let me know.
CrayModerator
07/24/06 08:42 AM

Quote:

I hope all of that helped... if you need any more information please just let me know.

Hey, thanks for taking the time to type in all of that.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Striker
07/27/06 08:49 PM

Not a problem... Like I said earlier I have played BT for alooong time, so I don't mind helping others out.. and For the most part I don't do much at work so I have alot of time on my hands..

Though the Patron scale there didn't turn out the best, but it works.
Venom
07/28/06 12:13 AM

Thanks a ton! One more question, how much does a fight pay?
Striker
07/28/06 05:38 PM

ok, here is how much a fight pays....

ok the Purse Calculation Table
(Own CP* x Opponent's CP*) x (250 x Purse Modifier)

* In team matches, the Own and Opponent's CP ratings are an average of the team members, not a total.

Effect:---------------------------------Modifier
Arena Class--------------------------+1 to +6
Grudge Fight--------------------------+1
League Match (Top 5 Mechwarriors)---+1
League Match (Bottom 5 Mechwarriors) -1
Challange Match------------------------- +1
Open Class Fight------------------------ +2
Unlicensed Fight---------------------- Arena Equivalent -2

CP= Current Prominence

I will put up the info for prominence on Sunday night when I am at work, cause this is a REALLY long list of stuff for it....
Striker
07/31/06 03:04 AM

Ok, I am going to try and complete this list, hopefuly it will work but you never know....

Trait: Prominence [New]
To characters fighting on the Solaris dueling circuit, reputation is everything. MW3 outlines two traits -- Good Reputation and Bad Reputation-- to cover this, but the situation on the Game World demands a more flexible and fluid system.
The new Prominence Trait exists to reflect this, with a value ranging between 0 and 10 to indicate the character's standing (see the Prominence Table). Unlike most traits, Prominence cannot be purchased during character creation, though it may be awarded as a part of a Solaris character's Life Path

Prominence takes two forms: Current Prominence (CP), that currently recognized on Solaris; and the Highest Prominence (HP), the highest level achieved by the character. The distinction between these two statistics can be important in social situations; those who have had fame and lost it are in a more awkward position that those who have never been famous.
The uses of Prominence in gameplay are discussed in detail under Using Prominence .

Using Prominence
The Prominence Trait, described above represents the social standing of a character involved in the Solaris dueling circuit. A character's Prominence can vary wildly during gameplay, and can have an effect on the character's interactions with others. The following rules detail how Prominence should be used in a Solaris Campaign.

Starting Prominence
most characters start with a Priminence of 0 (completely unknown), but those whose fame or infamy precedes them, thanks to Good or Bad Reputation traits, gain an advantage. For each level of these trais add 1 to starting Prominence if the trait's area of effect includes the world of Solaris VII and 0.5 (round up) if the area of effect does not effect Solaris VII, the latter thanks to Solaris' cosmopolitan population. Clan phenotype characters gain a +1 bonus to their starting Prominence

For example, a character with Good Reputation (2) in the Lyran Alliance's Freedom Theater (which includes Solaris) would begin with a Prominence of 2. Another character from the Draconis Combine with a Bad Reputation (3) trait would have a starting Prominence of 1.5 (which rounds up to 2) as the trait's area of effect does not include Solaris VII

Prominance Table:
0-------------------------------Unknown
1-2----------------------------Newcomer
3-5----------------------------Minor Leaguer
6-7----------------------------Prospect
8-9----------------------------Major Leaguer
10-----------------------------Champion
11+---------------------------Legend

The Effect of Prominence
Prominence influences a wide number of activities on Solaris--such as the likelihood of finding a patron, arranging a match or wheeding your way into a party--and is vital for characters involved in the games. The most common use of the trait is in an Attribute Check (see p. 15, MW3) to which a gamemaster may apply appropriate modifiers. The diffrence between the character's Highest Prominence (HP) and their Current Prominence (CP) may be applied as a negative modifier to such tests--most people look down on "fallen" idols. Other more specialized uses are covered below.

Changing Prominence
A character's Prominence is a fickle trait. Unlike most character traits in MW3 , it increases and decreases depending on the player's public successes or failures. Whenever the gamemaster judges the character has done something that might influence their Prominence--fought in the games, appeared on a chat show, been arrested for brawling--they should roll 2D10 against a target number equivalent to 5 plus their Prominence, apply the appropriate modifiers from the Prominence Modifiers Table. The Margin of Success/Failure should be compared to the Prominence Change Table to determine the effect on the trait.
Prominence may not normally be increased above 10, but CP can be reduces below 0. The only way to attain "Legend" status (i.e., to gain CP above 10) is to win the Open Class championship, which confers an automatic Prominence increase of +2 (if the CP is below 10) or +1 (if the CP is 10 or over).
With the exception of Legend-rated characters, a character's Prominence will automatically decrease by 1 each month unless they roll at least once on the Prominence Change Table in that period, irrespective of the result.

Prominence Modifiers Table

Base TN = 5 + Prominence

Dueling
Match Equality
Own Current Prominence (CP) - Opponent's Current Prominence (CP) +Diffrence (Own Tonnage - Opponent's Tonnage) Divided by 10 (Round Down) + Difference

Match Rating
Exoskeleton class -------------------------- -1
Light class ---------------------------------- -2
Medium class ------------------------------- -3
Heavy class -------------------------------- -4
Assault class ------------------------------- -5
Open class --------------------------------- -6

Battle Outcome
Decisive victory ---------------------------- -3
Victory -------------------------------------- -2
Marginal Victory ---------------------------- -1
Draw ----------------------------------------- 0
Marginal defeat ---------------------------- +1
Defeat -------------------------------------- +2
Decisive defeat ---------------------------- +3
No damage --------------------------------- -2
'Mech destroyed --------------------------- +2
Accidentally kill opponent ----------------- +1
Deliberately kill opponent* --------------- +3
Performance (GM's discretion for tricks and showmanship) -- +3 to -3

Media
Talk Show/Appearance
Superb performance ----------------------- -2
Good performance ------------------------- -1
Average performance ---------------------- 0
Poor performance -------------------------- +1
Disatrous performance --------------------- +2
News Article/Media Piece
Major (favorable) --------------------------- -2
Minor (favorable) --------------------------- -1
Name-check --------------------------------- 0
Minor (unfavorable) ------------------------ +1
Major (unfavorable) ------------------------ +2
Arrest**
Arrest (misdemeanor) --------------------- +1
Arrest (minor crime) ----------------------- +2
Arrest (major crime)* --------------------- +3
Rumors about the character are circulating -- +1

Miscellaneous
Introvert Trait ------------------------------ +1
Gregarious Trait ---------------------------- -1

* Automatically gains Bad Reputation (+2)
** Double arrest modifiers if convicted

Prominence Change Table
Margin of Success/Failure ------------------------- Effect
10 or better --------------------------------------------- Prominence +2, Good Reputation +1
8 to 9 ---------------------------------------------------- Prominence +1, Good Reputation +1
6 to 7 ---------------------------------------------------- Prominence +1
1 to 5 ---------------------------------------------------- No Change
0 --------------------------------------------------------- No Change
-4 to -1 -------------------------------------------------- No Change
-6 to -5 -------------------------------------------------- Prominence -1
-8 to -7 -------------------------------------------------- Prominence -1, Bad Reputation +1
-9 or worse --------------------------------------------- Prominence -2, Bad Reputation +1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patron/Stable Status Table

Patron Status ----------------- Stable Rating -------------- Modifier
5 ----------------------------------------- AA -------------------------------- 5
4 ----------------------------------------- A ---------------------------------- 4
3 ----------------------------------------- B ---------------------------------- 3
2 ----------------------------------------- C ---------------------------------- 2
1 ----------------------------------------- D ---------------------------------- 1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stable Monthly Salary

Mechwarriors [(CP x 10) x (5 x Stable Modifier)] + 250
Support Staff 250 x Stable Modifier

Arena Classification

Class ----------- 'Mech Type ----------------------- Entry Fee (C-Bills) ------ Fight Modifier
One ----------------- Exoskeleton ------------------------- 500 ----------------------------------- -3
Two -------------------- Light ------------------------------ 750 ----------------------------------- -2
Three ---------------- Medium --------------------------- 1,000 ----------------------------------- -1
Four ------------------ Heavy ---------------------------- 1,500 ------------------------------------ 0
Five ------------------ Assault --------------------------- 2,000 ------------------------------------ +1
Six ----------------- Open Class ------------------------ 2,500 ------------------------------------ +2

There is License information... if you need and/or want that let me know.....

other wise this should be the information you need....

Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 38 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 7887

Contact Admins Sarna.net