GZT-2M Mjollnir

Pages: 1
Fang
10/06/06 01:21 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I like 3025 tech as much as possible. I will however mix it up a little with some 3050 or Star League tech, as in the Gunman, or this design the 100 ton Mjollnir
Mjollnir
100 tons
walk: 3
Run: 5
Jump: 3
Internal: Endosteel
armor: 18 tons standard
engine: 300 standard
Heatsinks: 16 double
Armor:
CT 44/15
RT/LT 29/10
RA/LA 32
Rl/LL 39
Weapons:
PPC RA
LargeLaser RA
PPC LA
LArgeLaser LA
AC/20 LT
Ammo(AC)5 LT
Ammo (AC)5 LT
JumpJet RL
JumpJet LL
JumpJet CT
Heatsinks are 1 in each arm,and the remaining two in the RT. All other free slots are filled with ES criticals. The mech has no hands or lower arm actuators, so can flip arms if need be. Fluff text to follow...
One by one, the rabbits are stealing my sanity.....
Fang
10/06/06 01:52 PM

Mjollnir is the fabled hammer of Thor. It's name means 'That Smashes', and the developers at Ground Zero Technologies hope that is just what the mech will do. It was first presented to the Star League defense forces shortly before that snake Stefan Amaris made his move. But we digress.
Capabilites:
Mjollnir was created with the intent of blazing through all opposition. It mounts dual PPC's and large lasers to help it accomplish this task at range, and a massive AC/20 to deter any who wish to close. Heat was an initial concern, but a skilled pilot should have no real problems. The mech mounts no hand or lower arm actuators. This detail was not noted in the original plans, and was unknown to the observers or the attacking test pilot during intial testing at GZT proving grounds as the physical appearance did not give any hint to the missin actuators. There was a bit of suprise when one of the test pilots manuevered behind the Mjollnir, expecting no resistance, and was met with murderous laser fire as the 100 ton beast had swung its arms down and back and was now firing to the rear with both lasers and PPCs. The jumpjets provide additional mobility to help the mech get out of most sticky situatutions. It carries enough armor to protect it in most engagements, and relies on its energy weapons when the autocannon runs dry.
Deployment:
As the mech was about to enter production, Stefan Amaris made his coup. The design was forgotten in the ensuing bloodbath, and Ground Zero Technology mothballed the existing three completed mechs and closed it doors. Now, GZT is back up and running, filling orders for mech parts and weapons. The triumvirate of Mjollnirs were discovered and brought out of mothballs, and the design is currently being studied for potential large scale production
Venom
10/06/06 11:19 PM

XL engine? Reminds me of the DW Widowmaker with the PPCs and LLs backed up with an AC/20. Nice 'mech.
Fang
10/10/06 11:51 AM

Never seen the stats for the Widow maker. the only StarLEague/Second level tech the Mjollnir uses is endosteel internal, and double heatsinks. Standard engine and standard armor. not quite so expensive that way.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 207 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4702

Contact Admins Sarna.net