21 ammo types I typed

Pages: 1
NewPharoah
10/20/06 02:10 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I prefer that you use these ammo types ethically. I love you. While I truly want serenity and life and literature and lief and love on Earth and throughout the universe like the Federation I do understand that Classic BattleTech does have boardgame combat. Remember to celebrate Valentine's Day with your family.

I'll try to have the Battle Values listed below for the ammunition types as accurate as I can. Maybe there will be revisions on this page, maybe there won't be but if I do make revisions I'll try for such revisions to be ethical.

Unless otherwise stated below, to figure the BV for each ammo variance listed below, multiply the BV of comparable standard lethal ammo by: the [color=orange]orange
number listed in the parentheses that is closest to the ammunition variance sentence(s). To figure the cost in C-Bills for each ammo variance listed below, multiply the BV of comparable standard lethal ammo by: the [color=yellow]yellow number listed in the parentheses that is closest to the ammunition variance sentence(s).

I might add more ammo variances in a few weeks, I don't know. The rules for the ammo types I posted below supercede those I posted on a webopage the Lords of the Battlefield website
http://www.lordsofthebattlefield.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25625
but the food type of ammo I typed at that website I do not want to be used as ammo and I decided that the Immediately exploding ammo is no longer necessary.
CBTr in this topic shall be interpreted as Classic BattleTech rules. I designed these salvage/capture ammos for those who want to ethically build up their forces. The following indicates what weapons in parentheses can be used with the following ammo (all word closest to an ammo's name indicates all of the below weapons):
AC = autocannon, B = ballistic, GR = Gauss Rifle, M = missile, A = artillery
CAC = capital autocannon, CGR = Capital Gauss Rifle, CB = capital ballistic, CM = capital missile

1. Armor piercing rage mist (all) - causes personnel that inhale this ammo to get enraged and attack the closest unit and/or building in the most violent way possible in the following turns according to rules. If two or more units and/or buildings are closest, randomly determine which is attacked. Causes unarmored personnel to take 1/2 damage. (1) (0.5)

2. Powerful pollen (all) - when used on personnel that aren't wearing filtering masks/helmets roll 1D6 - on a result of 1 to 3 no effect, on a result of 4 to 6 the pollen particles are inhaled by that personnel target causing each of them that inhaled those pollen particles to have a +3 to-hit modifier applied to the target numbers of all skill rolls. (0.15) (0.2)

3. Fountain/Lance fireworks (all) displays fireworks sparks/graphics - size of sparks/graphics display proportional to size of comparable standard ammo shells/missile cones and can be colored if desired (the only damage these types of fireworks shall do is against life form targets in the same manner as fragmentation ammo). (0.4) (0.2)

4. Paint (all) - enough paint ammo can repaint a target, targeting computer can repaint more graphically, and enough of the paint ammo can blind visual & radar sensors or personnel only if they're wearing goggles. When firing apply a -5 modifier to the base to-hit number. Take the total tonnage of a noninfantry unit/structure and if the total number of paint ammo points that impact a location of that unit/structure equals that unit's/structure's designed tonnage, then apply a +3 to-hit modifier to all attacks made from that location's weapons per CBTr equaling mentioned above or (round all fractions down); or if the unit is an infantry unit and each of the personnel have goggles then the paint sticks to the infantry personnel's goggles - one point of paint shall cancel out four pairs of goggles. A paint shot can be colored before play begins and the color of the paint is what will color the location/infantry unit. (1) (0.1)

5. Tranquilizer darts (B, A, M) - these are of fletchette/fragmentation ammo rules and each of these darts is coated with a tranquilizer potion that when fired knock personnel painlessly asleep for up to 90 CBT turns which could perhaps be useful for interrogation purposes. (0.25) (3)

6. Spike spheres (all) - lands on a hex & could destroy the tires of wheels that move on them. Total the points of spike spheres that land on a hex divided by 10 (round down to nearest whole number). When a wheeled vehicle moves onto that hex, roll on the Motive System and add to the roll the quotient you just obtained, does damage when fired at a target in the same manner as fletchette ammo but only one-tenth as much. (0.05) (2)

7. Probe transmitter Narc Pods - basically they (when attached to target) probe the target like a Beagle Active Probe and transmit the exact location of the target they're mounted on (or hex if vehicle incuding battle armor was missed - this can get confusing if many hexes were hit) which negates the target's movement modifiers and is ineffective if blocked by opposing ECM radius. Furthermore a unit receiving the pod's signal is not subject to any targeting computer/aimed shot penalties when firing at the location the pod is attached to. (9) (1)

8. Sand (all) - one point of sand damage will cancel out one point of paint on an object - useful against targets that are on the visual ID of their friendlies. Apply a -5 to-hit sand ammo modifier to the base to-hit number. (0.2) (0.1)

9. Precision Flak (AC, CAC & CM) ľ directly proportional combining of precision ammo and flak ammo has a -5 to-hit modifier due to the -2 to-hit modifier of the precision plus the -3 to-hit modifier for flak equals -5 (-2 is what Barracuda uses so you can't have two -2 to-hit modifiers). Take the total capital damage fired and divide by 5, then roll the result on the Cluster Hits Table - the new result is the number of precision flak pellets that hit. Now multiply that result by 5 to determine the total damage inflicted. A shot of precision flak ammo has a tonnage twice that of a shot of normal normal comparable ballistic ammo. Can be directly proportionally combined with proximity fused ammo above (all benefits & drawbacks apply). (0.9) (3)

10. Proximity Fused (all but A) - inflicts a glancing blow or a glancing glancing blow depending on how the shot explodes. Apply a -2 to-hit modifier when making this attack. For example, if the final modified to-hit number is a 5 and if a 5 is rolled then it's a glancing blow (1/2 damage using Maximum Tech's rule for glancing blows); if a 4 is rolled then it's a glancing glancing blow (1/4 damage using my rules for this ammo); if a 3 is rolled then it's a total miss (no damage). Can be merged with precision flak ammo below (all benefits & drawbacks apply). (0.7) (1.5)

11. Chainnet - (CB, CM). A chainnet attack may only be done against a target that is 200 tons or less. To resolve a chainnet attack take the number of comparable capital scale damage points and randomly apply them to any standard weapon(s) mounted on the side of the target unit. If the target unit is a 'Mech, conventional vehicle, or battle armor, then a part of that target unit used for mobility could perhaps become hindered. If that is the case, then for every full chainnet points that are equal to the target unit's designed tonnage divided by 10, decrement the target unit's Walking or Cruising MP by 1 (recalculate Running & Sprinting or Flanking & Top speeds accordingly). If one or more 360^o turrets and/or rotors was/were hit, then it/those things is/are jammed (turret jam clearing rules may be used to clear any of that/those jam(s) ). (1.2) (1)

12. Screen shots (all) - uses chaff to hinder LOS: After all shots of this ammo type have been fired at a hex, divide the total capital damage of these shots by 5 and apply the quotients as to-hit modifiers to any attacks made through the hex(es) of where they were fired into, through, and/or out of. This ammo dissipates in the same manner as screen launcher ammo. (3) (1)

13. Super polymer (all) is an adhesive. When firing this type of ammo, apply a +1 modifier to the base to-hit modifier in addition to all other applicable modifiers in accordance with CBTr. Each point of damage per shot of this ammo that hits a location results in roll on the Determining Critical Hits Table - if a critical hit is rolled then roll to see if a standard ranged weapon was hit and if it was then it has a +1 modifier applied to the base to-hit number of all attacks it makes per point of damage a comparable destructive shot can do until the super polymer is removed or if standard personnel were hit (may only be used against personnel if that personnel are wearing goggles) then each damage point prevents one from moving & shooting. (1.5) (2)

14. Heavy ammo (only in normal ACs and CACs) - this does twice as much damage as normal autocannon ammo (I designed this ammo because the AP and precision ammo was twice as heavy as normal ammo). Apply a +3 to-hit weapon modifier in addition to all other modifiers due to avoid exploding this ammo inside autocannons while firing, or before firing roll 2D6 and add to that roll a +1 modifier for each +1 modifier of the +3 modifier mentioned above you didn't use (to a limit of 3) - on a result of 7, the autocannon jams and cannot fire until the jam is cleared, on a result of 8 or more the autocannon explodes . Contains half as many shots per ton as normal ammo does. (3.5) (2)

15. Cute talking toy stuffed animals - sticks to target and tries to reduce his/her aggression - apply an additional +3 modifier to the base to-hit number when using this ammo for aggression damaging attacking apply an additional +1 modifier to the base gunnery of a person that is object of this type of aggression damaging attack. (1.91) (1.0)

16. Armor piercing fuel blocking (AC, CB, CM, SRMs) - prevents fuel in air/aeroplanes, DropShips, JumpShips, and WarShips from being used. Apply +1 to-hit when firing this ammo. Roll on Determining Critical Hits Table and apply AP modifiers as if using normal AP ammo or if using SRMs roll with modifier equal to armor piercing AC/2 ammo), then roll to see if any fuel supplies were hit - if fuel supply is rolled, then a number of fuel points are destroyed per AP point damage and roll 1D6 - on a result of 1 the fuel pump is destroyed; on a result of 6 the fuel tank explodes. (0.5) (0.5)

17. Amor piercing fragmentation SRMs - 1 damage point per person hit, no more than one person hit by each of these SRMs. After a location is hit by one or more of these SRMs that has a person in it, roll on the Determining Critical Hits Table with a -4 modifier to determine if a person was hit if he/she is not wearing heavy armor and/or is in an armored vehicle/structure. (3) (4)

18. Exclusively amor piercing (AC, CAC, SRMs) causes a roll on Determining Critical Hits Table when compared with standard armor piercing autocannon shots and the armor piercing SRMs mentioned above - if a critical hit is rolled then roll to see if an object was hit and if it was, then it takes a critical hit. (0.2 but multiply by comparable standard armor piercing ammo's BV) (1)

19. Super lubricant ammo (all) - causes terrain to be slippery - units moving along the lubricant must make a piloting skill roll like if they were on ice. Total the points of super lubricant points that land on a hex divided by 10 (round down to nearest whole number). When a unit moves onto that hex it must make a piloting skill roll to avoid falling/skidding. Apply a +1 modifier to the base to-pilot number per 10 points of the total points of super lubricant applied to the hex the unit is moving across mentioned above (round all decimals down). (0.5) (1)

20. Teleoperated ECM missile - masses 300 tons, gets attached to target like Narc Pod and causes an effect ECM radius of 3 kilometers. (simply multiply 400 BV per each of these teleoperated missiles) (each of these missiles costs 390,000 C-Bills)

21. Deluxe Somewhat ELRMs - these follow the rules for ELRMs with the following exceptions: 1st, they use the to-hit modifier rules for semiguided missiles when used with TAG; 2nd, they are Narc Pod & Artemis IV & V compatible (each of their benefits & drawkbacks apply when used); 3rd their ranges are minimum 8, Short 1-9, Medium 10-18, Long 19-27, Extreme 28 to 36; 4th, all missiles that are launched, hit the same location if desired before launch unless they're in the effect radius of an opposing ECM suite - if they are then roll on Missile Hits Table and divide up into 5 point groups; 5th they are Streak compatible (subtract tonnage of normal LRM launcher from Streak LRM launcher, tonnage result is added to ELRM launcher's tonnage); 6th, they can be hotloaded; and 7th, they can be fired indirectly. (14) (7)

Again remember to celebrate Valentine's Day with your family.
Which of the 21 ammo types I typed do you think you could perhaps use in a Classic BattleTech boardgame?
Users may choose many (10 total votes)
Armor piercing rage mist (all)
-
0 0%
Powerful pollen (all)
-
0 0%
Fountain/Lance fireworks (all)
-
1 10%
Paint (all)
-
0 0%
Tranquilizer darts (B, A, M)
-
0 0%
Spike spheres (all)
-
0 0%
Probe transmitter Narc Pods
-
0 0%
Sand (all)
-
0 0%
Precision Flak (AC, CAC & CM)
-
0 0%
Proximity Fused (all but A)
-
1 10%
Chainnet - (CB, CM)
-
1 10%
Screen shots (all)
-
1 10%
Super polymer (all)
-
1 10%
Heavy ammo (only in normal ACs and CACs)
-
0 0%
Cute talking toy stuffed animals
-
2 20%
Armor piercing fuel blocking (AC, CB, CM, SRMs)
-
0 0%
Amor piercing fragmentation SRMs
-
0 0%
Exclusively amor piercing (AC, CAC, SRMs)
-
1 10%
Super lubricant ammo (all)
-
1 10%
Teleoperated ECM missile
-
1 10%
Deluxe Somewhat ELRMs
-
0 0%

Edited by NeoPharoah (10/20/06 02:12 PM)
CrayModerator
10/20/06 09:17 PM

Neo, if you want those deleted, just ask in this thread, in the comments/questions forum, or look up Sarna's admin, Nic, and ask him to delete it:
http://www.sarna.net/forums/showprofile....eads&page=0
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
sdog
10/21/06 11:02 AM

where's jam armour?
if the radar dish is hit by the jam jar the sensors of the unit is jammed. the pilot of the mech gets distracted for 3 rounds by the jam driping from his radar screen. if the battle is in the morning, the unit is taken out of play as the pilot decides to have breakfast.

I realised soon that the fun part of playing a military game is that we have lots of lifes and in the end knowone dies, ...

- Skaven, ArmA modding community
NewPharoah
11/25/06 05:20 PM

A balanced modification I believe to the Deluxe Somewhat ELRMs - they can use at the discretion of the player controlling them image recognition technology to gain triple careful aim bonuses in exchange for being subject to terrain/terrain feature penalties being tripled These missiles can be launched indirectly at targets while gaining these bonuses and being subject to careful aim penalties.

Cray, I don't want the ammo types I have here at sarna.net deleted.

Here's six more ammo types:

Drowsy food & drowsy drinks projectiles (B, A, M)
These projectiles deploy food and drink cans that makes those that consume them drowsy. Apply a +3 modifier to the BTNs of all skill rolls. (500 C-Bills per ton) (0.3)

Flashy projectiles (B, A, M)
For every comparable point of standard scale destructive damage projectile can do, a flashy projectile blocks LOS through a 30 meter hexside (player firing this projectile decides which hexside LOS is blocked through). Apply a -4 to-hit modifier when firing a flashy projectile at a 30 meter diameter immobile target hex.
(2) (0.1)

Icewater projectiles (B, A, M)
For every comparable point of standard scale destructive damage projectile can do, a garbage projectile delivers 4 kilograms of water. Apply a +3 modifier to the BTNs of each attack made with this ammo. (10 C-Bills per ton) (0.1)

Garbage projectiles (all)
For every comparable point of standard scale destructive damage projectile can do, a garbage projectile opens onto the target dropping 1 kilogram of garbage. (10,000 C-bills per ton) (0.1)

Soap bubble projectiles (B, A, M)
Except for what they're shot out of, these projectiles follow the rules for chaff grenades except the soap bubbles of a soap bubble projectile dissipate in turn that follows the turn that projectile was sent. Apply a -4 to-hit modifier when firing a soap bubble projectile at a 30 meter diameter immobile target hex. Any attack through soap bubbles has a +1 modifier per soap bubble points that have not dissipated. (1) (0.1)

Parachuteable Dolls (missiles)
These are launched to a hex, indirectly if desired, and land in the physical action phase. For every comparable point (at least one point) of standard scale destructive damage projectile can do,a Parachuteable Doll missile can deploy a remote controlled 1.8 meter tall parachuteable doll on roller skates. No weapons are mounted on the dolls but they are only equipped with toy cap guns or toy flashlight guns to merely look like lasers. For each attack with these projectiles, make a single to-hit roll - if the to-hit roll is successful, then the dolls land successfully and begin movement in the direction they were launched; if the to-hit roll was unsuccessful then the dolls scatter as per artillery scatter rules. Apply a -4 to-hit modifier when firing a flashy projectile at a 30 meter diameter immobile target hex. (9) (0.1)

I don't want a real life war, ever.
Any rules I type should be considered unofficial unless stated otherwise by Precentor Martial Randall Bills and/or published Classic BattleTech products.

Edited by NewPrakroah (11/25/06 05:29 PM)
NewPharoah
12/05/06 12:35 PM

Notes: I've decided to have the Parachuteable Dolls be deployed from Thunderbolt missiles in which the damage of a Thunderbolt missile divided by 5 equals the number of Parachuteable Dolls that can be deployed.

An amor piercing fragmentation SRMs can blow up (destroy) a capital missile. Each SRM launcher that APFSRMs are launched out of needs the detection equipment AMS has equipped to it to detect missiles, or several SRM launchers may be equipped to the same detection equipment the AMS has (the tonnage of that anti-missile system shall be increased by: total tonnage of all the SRM launchers it is equipped to multiplied by 10%).

I've decided to let the chainnet ammo be used against airplanes/aeroplanes and WIGEs - that ammo can inflict the same penalties on those units too (substitute safe thrust for walking, max safe thrust for running, and over thrust for sprinting).

I love you.
Any rules I type should be considered unofficial unless stated otherwise by Precentor Martial Randall Bills and/or published Classic BattleTech products.

Edited by NewPharoah (12/05/06 12:46 PM)
NewPharoah_Max
12/22/06 03:25 PM

The icewater projectile information above should say: For every comparable point of standard scale destructive damage projectile can do, an icewater projectile delivers 4 kilograms of water. Apply a +3 modifier to the BTNs of each attack made with this ammo. (10 C-Bills per ton) (0.1)
Greetings to you too.
NewPharoah_Max
01/05/07 11:44 AM

28. Armor piercing precision semiguided Thunderbolt missiles: Each of these missiles has a -1 modifier applied to the base to-hit number to account for the sum of armor piercing +1 plus precision -2 and they each also follow the to-hit rules for semiguided missiles. Damage for each of these Thunderbolt missiles are: 20 is 5, 15 is 3.5, 10 is 2, 5 is 1. To determine armor piercing effects roll on the Determining Critical Hits Table and apply the following modifier for each of these missiles as follows: 20 is -1, 15 (roll 1D6 if 1 to 3, then -2; if 4 to 6 then -2), 10 is -2, 5 is -3.
Greetings to you too.

Edited by NewPharoah_Max (01/05/07 11:45 AM)
NewPharoah_Max
01/08/07 12:57 PM

29. Double range ammo (AC & CAC) - minimum range to-hit modifier is doubled; and short, medium, long, and extreme ranges are doubled. If there is no minimum range to-hit modifier listed, consider the minimum range to-hit modifier to be 1.
Greetings to you too.
NewPharoah_Max
02/06/07 06:34 PM

Note about #29 double range ammo: apply an additional +3 modifier to the base to-hit number.
Greetings to you too.
Newtype
01/17/09 01:16 PM

How about armor piercing dead fire LRMs: +2 ammo to-hit modifier, roll 3D6 and use lowest 2 dice, each of these missiles inflicts 2 points of damage and critical hit probability equal to an armor piercing AC/2 and armor piercing dead fire SRMs: +2 ammo to-hit modifier, roll 3D6 and use lowest 2 dice, each of these missiles does 1 point of damage and critical hit probability equal to an armor piercing AC/5.
http://www.gp.org
http://www.VoteSwift.org
DOWN WITH CORPORATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Newtype
01/20/09 12:51 PM

Also, the above armor piercing dead fire missiles each mass twice as much as a normal dead fire missile. I got the idea of double heavy missiles from the Capellan Confederation's double heavy missile research program.
Newtype
02/27/09 04:07 PM

An armor piercing Thunderbolt missile (APTBM) is the same as a normal Thunderbolt missile with the following exceptions: first an APTBM masses twice as much as a comparable normal Thunderbolt missile; second when an APTBM hits its target, roll on the Determining Critical Hits Table with a modifier -3 for an APTBM5, -2 for an APTBM10, -2 or -1 (roll 1D6 on a roll of 1 to 3, use -3 but on a roll of 4 to 6, use -4) for an APTBM15, or -1 for an APTBM20 and apply critical hit damage.

Edited by Newtype (02/27/09 05:36 PM)
Newtype
03/07/09 12:37 PM

Also apply a +1 armor piercing to-hit modifier to each APTBM attack. Use these Determining Critical Hits Table modifier instead: -3 for an APTBM5, -2 for an APTBM10, -2 or -1 (roll 1D6 on a roll of 1 to 3, use -2 but on a roll of 4 to 6, use -1) for an APTBM15, or -1 for an APTBM20 and apply critical hit damage.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 250 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 10

Contact Admins Sarna.net